2

"What the hell is a tinder?" Michael asked.

"A dating app, I guess." Luke shrugged. "If you like someone just press the heart." Luke demonstrated by pressing over the heart on some girl that Michael didn't pay attention to. "When that person presses the heart on you as well, you get a match! Then you guys can, you know, exchange nudes or talk about Harry Potter."

"How about I just," Michael started as he closed the app out, holding his finger over the app, causing it to suddenly shake. "delete the app and never speak to you again?"

Luke pulled the phone from Michael, pressing the home button at least a hundred times. "Nope." Luke sighed. "At least try it, if you hate it we'll delete the account and never speak of it again."

What good was going to come out of a dating app? Michael didn't think he even had a high possibility of finding "love" or simply someone to "talk about Harry Potter" with because two key factors; his profile picture and how awkward he can be over text. He could spend all the time in the world trying to become a smooth texter, but he knew he'd fail. It's like you're born with the ability to not be awkward over text or you aren't.

"Fine." Michael submitted. "So I just go through pressing the heart on people I like?"

Luke hummed his clarification.

Michael mumbled something to himself as he began his adventure.

"Wait..." Michael scratched the side of his head. "Why are guys popping up too?"

"Oh!" Luke looked up from Michael's laptop. "I gave you more options. I don't know what you're in to. And if you go that way, then it's fine, I'll still be your friend!"

"Just shut up." Michael warned, annoyed with his friend already.

Luke continuously skipped through Michael's music until he landed on a terrible song that Michael had been meaning to delete.

"Trevor, 24 - looks like the ginger version of Alex Turner." Michael snorted.

"Let me see!" Luke hollered, hopping back on the bed and taking the phone. "You should give him a like."

"No, I shouldn't." Michael snatched his phone back, immediately hitting x on Trevor, 24 and moved on. "Paulina, 18 - she has nice eyes." He pointed out the bright jade color.

"Well you can't fuck her eyes Clifford." Luke scoffed, picking up one of Michael's acoustic guitars.

Another x.

Riva, 17 - x

Miranda, 18 - x

Bevvy, 19 - x

Bert, 26 - a million times x

Karee, 20 - x

Brit, 18 - ❤

Eduardo, 30 - x

"Never would've guess that so many people within 6 miles of us actually use tinder..."

"What a surprise." Luke slammed his hand on the wood of the guitar when he couldn't get down a riff.

Malorie, 17 - ❤

Christa, 19 - ❤

Ron, 21 - x

"Is everyone dead or is me in booty shorts not attracting anyone?" Michael concentrated, biting his lip. He was actually liking this. No one would quite no that he was silently judging them from an app like a hit or miss thing. No one had to know that he really wasn't interested in blonde-haired, brown-eyed girl named Cecil, who wore thick lenses on her glasses. No one, beside Luke, had to know that he actually thought Trevor, 24 was the ginger twin of Alex Turner. It was...liberating.

Marcos, 25 - x

Liana, 35 - x (She looked like she had at least two kids.)

Ashleigh, 50 - x (Luke must've not put an age limit on here, if he was getting women that were almost as old as his mom.)

Jerry, 27 - x

Karma, 18 - ❤

"Karma, 18 can slap me in the face with the slice of pizza she's holding in her picture." Michael tried cracking a joke at the brown-haired beauty, holding a ginormous slice of pizza in front of half her face.

"That's...kinky...?" Luke replied back, obviously scared of what his friend was secretly into. Luke excused himself to the bathroom.

Zach, 23 - x

Morgan, 25 - x

"Luke!" Michael yelled. "Holy shit! I got a match!" Michael stood up on his bed, slightly jumping and trying to control his shaking thumbs from excitement.

"Who was it?" Luke called out.

"Karma, 18!" Yup, Michael was already giddy and in love with the half-covered pizza faced girl dressed in black. "What do I do now?"

"Message her you idiot!"

He tapped 'send a message'. What was he going to say? What could he say without scaring her off? He should've continued swiping because he didn't think any of this through.

"I'm not sure what to say..." Michael sat back down on the bed.

"Throw a pick up line at her." Was Luke taking a crap the size of Africa? He'd been in the bathroom far too long.

Pick up lines...hmm...

"Oh! I got one!."

~

Michael:

i'm not being obtuse, but you're acute girl.

~

Karma:

I knew I should've hit x when I came across you.

~

"Right in the fucking heart." Michael dramatically whined, balling his shirt in his hand.