Going Back To The Past

Waking up at the age of 25 and realizing i have done nothing with my life is a horrible feeling. As i got out of bed i  looked around  my apartment  and saw how empty and lifeless it was. No pictures of friends and  family,  no posters, no life. only standard looking. It sad to think that i lived here for five years and  nothing looks as if it's my own. 

        I walked over to the kitchen and turned on the coffee maker.I continued to look around the apartment  Silence, that's all i heard no laughter, no sound of small children, no one saying i love you, absolute silence. This silence was finally filled  with my sipping of the coffee. It brunt my tongue.

        I began to walk over to the computer. i sighed and finally did what i came here to do, sign into my Facebook account. It seems like everyone has a great life. Mary had her second child with Joshua., Patrick been given a promotion, Olivia has started her own business and Roger is engaged to his sweet heart. 

        I don't know how i've managed to screwed up my life. I barely talk to anyone anymore. Everyone is fulfilling there dreams except me. i wish i was more brave and took  a chance with my life.

         I finally looked at  my clock. i took a deep breath and sighed. If i  don't get  ready now i will probably be late. I work at a small used book store, nothing really happens there. At most  someone maybe one or two customers, asks for my help or  need me to find a book for them. For the most part  i sit at the front desk and read. You can  find some very interesting things to read at a used book store

       i quickly finished my coffee and got dressed. Then i poured myself another cup and left the  apartment. I take the bus. I see no point in buying a car when all i ever do is go to work. I finally reached my stop. i quickly walked into the shop, closing the door behind me, it was too cold to walk leisurely.

As i began to set my bag down Jacob, the owner, walked over.

"hey Natalie" he said.

"Good morning Jacob, how  are you?"

" I'm good, tired but good"

 "same here"

"Can you do me a favor?" Jacob asked, i wondered what  did he want today he's always asking for favors.

"what do you want" I asked

"when it is closing time can you take this book to this address for me, the owner regretted giving it up"

Considering that i had nothing to do after work i said yes.

"thank you so much Natalie" after that he walked away and began to restock the shelves.

        I walked over to the front counter and looked around. The store was empty. No one was here so far. With nothing else to do i looked more closely at the book Jacob handed to me. It looked very peculiar. It was leather bound with no words on the front. It looked very ancient.  This in turn made  me interested to see what was inside the book. 

        I finally opened the book. Everything in the book was in a  different language, none of which i know of. I couldn't understand the word but i could analyze the pictures. The more i looked through the book the more intrested i became. The pictures were beautifully  drawn. Time quickly passed for me that day with the book.

It was closing time and i coukdn't put down the book.

"hey Natialie, it's time to go. Don't forget to return the book."

i sighed it seems my time with this wonderful book has come to an end.

"ok, see you tommorrow Jacob"

"see you later."

 i continued to look atthe book as i navigated the streets toward the book owners house. I forgot to look up when i crossed the road.  A moment later i heard  a car honk  but  it was too latei got hit . In that moment my life changed.

"someone help she's been hit!!"

"call 911"

"What have you done!"

"the abulance is here"

" the patient, she's  lossing a lot of blood"

" get the crash cart, there's no heart beat"

"CLEAR"

"time of death 8:17 p.m"

i'm dead.

ok this is the end of chapter one don't worry. the story is not over yet.

please vote,  and comment  i hope you liked it

until next time see ya later :)