🌻

You made it to chapter 2!

C H A P T E R 2

Anna slowly opened her eyes and drank in the insane scene around her. Wagons with horses that ran through the dirt road sending dust flying, wooden sidewalks saddled up against small wooden buildings. It all seemed so unreal. Her body froze in wonder as she stared at the people who wandered the small town. Women in big dresses, men in overalls, little boys and girl wearing miniature copies. Where the hell was she? She finally took a step forward into the dusty road and heard the sound of trotting horses and yelling behind her. Her head turned over her shoulder to see a wagon full of family. A man, a woman, and 2 little girls. They all moved their hands in a sideways direction with frantic looks in their faces. What were they trying to tell her? She pushed aside her body just in time to miss a face full of horse. The wagon slowed and the man stepped off the seat. He walked up to her,"You all right miss?"Anna stared in wonder at his tanned, leathery face and she finally registered his question after he said it again."Oh! Yeah, I'm alright. I-I'm just new around here.." she trailed off as she looked around. Was there a new part of Disneyland?"Miss?", the man's voice brought her away from my thoughts."Huh? Did you say something?"His eyebrows creased as he said,"Miss, I think you might have had to much sun. Do you wanna come with my family? You can stay with us until you get yourself figured out. It's unsafe for a lady to be out by herself, especially this late in the evening." It didnt look that late to Anna. But, who knew? Not her. She would have to decide on how to get home from wherever this was and that would probably take more than one afternoon..."Uh.. sure, that's fine"He lead her to his wagon where she got in with the 2 girls in the back. They both looked at her with wondering eyes, but only one dared to speak to her."Hi! I'm Laura, nice to meet you" she stuck out her hand and Anna gave it a tender shake."I'm Anna, nice to meet you too" she retracted back into the low walls of the cart. They passed through the town and went down a small path that seemed to go on for miles before they reached a small wooden house.The wagon stopped outside what looked like a mini barn that Anna had seen on old western tv shows. The girls and their mother hopped out while the man guided the horses over to a stable on the right of the house. The older woman, who she assumed was the mother, came up to her."Hello, I'm Sarah. I hope you're comfortable with staying here. Do you have any family?""Um," What do I say? she thought, "Yes, I do. I was supposed to be staying with an aunt of mine who supposedly lives down here, but it turns out she's moved on. Thank you for letting me stay. ", She stumbled through the sentence and couldn't believe she had lied so smoothly, "I'm Anna by the way" She rocked on her feet and studied the ground."You poor thing. It's very nice to meet you, Anna. Now, may I lead you inside?"She nodded and they went into the house.                             ***"-and this is our bed. Elli and I share it, but we can add one more person."They climbed up a thin ladder up to a small loft above the rest of the house. The mattress looked thin and floppy and the quilts didn't look warm, but it would have to do."Ellie! Laura! Come help me with dinner!""Coming!" Laura yelled."I gotta go help. Be back soon. You don't have to come because you're a guest" with that she rushed down the ladder that stopped at the main floor.Anna sat on the wilted mattress and took a deep breath. Something crazy had happened and she didn't know what to do about it. Would she ever get home?

Please vote🌻