Separate Lives, Different Worlds

Young Brother: Chris POV

"In our lives, the choices we make doesn't come at free will. It comes when we encounter it." 

My brother hold my hands tight. He hugged me around me. I stare at the cold sky and the petals start to spread around me. The petals of flame scatter around and spread to the green fields. As the petals scatter around, I hear people screaming in fear and knights in black armor slain those people in pieces. Blood was everywhere as those knights continue their onslaught. My brother look at my tired face and smiled. He stood up and carry my small and weak body on his back. He look around and he ran with all of his might. He ran to the forest and follow the rocky path with wounds on his body. He panted heavily and I watch him running so hard that blood start to bleed out of his body. He felt the pain from the wounds, but he didn't stop. As he continue to run, we saw a pure white wall and few soldier guard the wall. Dressed in the white uniform, they hold their handle of the sword, but did not pull it out from its sheath. As we ran, my brother tripped on the rocks nearby and he slip on the ground. He still hold on me, but the soldier walk toward him with terrible look on his face. 

"Hold up, boys! What are you doing?" The harsh voice soldier asked.

"The village... it was attacked by some black armor men. We need you to save them." My brother cried. The soldier didn't react to his answer and stood there in silent.

"I am sorry, but we can't. Our rules states that we can help outside village unless you have some kind connection to the Order." He replied. The Order? We must be at the city of Lord Halo where the Knight Order lives, but my brother couldn't give up. 

"But... my younger brother was injured from the fire. He need help!" He yelled. His voice echoed across the area and the knight felt pity in the young boys. 

"Ummm.... I guess." " Someone get some healing aid now! You boys need to stay here until we treat him okay?" He said. One of the soldier ran and my brother nodded. He walk to the wall and laid me down against the wall. He sat down next to me and he smiled with relief.

" Are we gonna be okay?" I said softly.

" Don't worry about it. Just rest a bit."He said. I lean my head on his shoulder and hold his hand tight. The soldier came back with some healing aid and ran toward us. They started to patch us up with bandages. As the soldier finish patch us up, sound of footsteps was coming near.

"What was that?" They said. They saw far away a pack of black armor knights with their swords full of blood.

"Shoot, those black armed people.... You, take the boys with you and run to the Order for help. The rest of us, Make sure none of these people get past us until help is here. Now go!" He yelled and everyone scrambled. One of soldier grab both arms of my brother and I.

"Come on! We don't have much time." We stand up and follow the soldier through the gate into the city. We ran past building with light inside of them. As we continued to run with the solders. We heard cheering and joyful shout far away from us. It got louder and louder as we draw near. We all ran fast into the building with soldiers eating food and being happy. They were holding cup in their hand and cheering happily about the achievement of their conversation. As we past through the crowds, we saw groups of armed knight holding cups and drinking away as one just sit there without any care. The man notice us and lift his hand where the other notice him. They stop what they were doing and the whole building became quiet as a whistle. 

"Black soldiers are outside the gate and we need help." The soldier said. They look at him and look at each other. Many knew what the soldier was going to say next and gather their gears. They left the buildings as the knight still sat there. One of the soldier with white and gold armor who was the one that hush the building continues to stare at us.