Chapter Four

And you don't hear me when I say...

"...and just head straight forward, you'll be there," Nari explained, pointing down a hall. "Here, I'll help you find your classes too."

Taeyong, being in the year below the three, look downwards and asked, "Uh, Nari, which way do I go?"

"Ah, I forgot, I'm sorry," Nari apologized, and her eyes drifted downwards. "I don't think I have enough time to show you around to, so... oh! Okay, Taeyong, just go back to around the front of the office and find someone with a black beret. He can help you."

Taeyong nodded, looking past Nari's shoulder and at his siblings. Moments like that always made him feel guilty about how much he depended on them. Soo Ah caught his eye and gave him an encouraging smile, ad he returned her smile. He loved her so much, though he never said it.

"Alright, I'll go right now," Taeyong bowed his head, turning and beginning to walk back towards the front office. "Thanks for the help."

Taeyong felt so much more self-conscious than he was when he was walking with Soo Ah and Daehee. He felt as if everyone was staring at him, the new face in the crowd. He felt like he was walking strangely, like he was different. Taeyong was the extremely taken aback when he saw a girl leaning against the lockers look him up and down, her eyebrows raising.

When Taeyong made it back to the front office, he squeezed between people and leaned against the wall. His eyes flicked across the students' heads, looking for a black beret. It wasn't easy, as all of the students hair was either, black, brown, and rarely some blonde was spotted.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, Taeyong spotted someone with a black beret in the crowd. The person was sitting on a bench, swingy his legs back in forth in boredom. He had dusty blonde hair and a squishable face, and looked very ethereal. Something about his aura made it hard to approach him, but after a minute of hesitation, Taeyong walked up to the male.

"H-Hey," Taeyong mumbled, suddenly feeling quite nervous. Something about the guy made him nervous, and strangely happy at the same time. He gave the impression of a trustworthy friend, someone Taeyong hoped to grow closer to him.

The guy looked up, then struck Taeyong in the heart with a small smile. "Yes?"

Taeyong felt his heart beat grow quicker, feeling daggers being stabbed into his back by the stare he was receiving. "Well... uh... Nari told me to come to you to get help..."

"Nari?" The boy chirped curiously, then smiled even wider than before. "What can I do to help?"

"I'm new here, so I... need help getting to my locker," Taeyong explained, feeling a somewhat awkward tension between them. "Nari's helping my brother and sister, so she left it to you."

The boy nodded his head, then stood up next to Taeyong. "Okay, I'm Hwangsoon. Can I have your schedule?"

After Taeyong handed Hwangsoon the paper, they walked up the halls in silence. Hwangsoon was much more different than Nari. Taeyong, being a shy person, felt like he was hard to talk to as Hwangsoon himself wasn't a talkative person either. Their clashing personalities made it awkward, and Taeyong was silently praying that they wouldn't meet again. A thought popped into Taeyong's head; if Soo Ah and Daehee has been with Hwangsoon instead of himself, Hwangsoon would be much happier. Taeyong frowned and kept his head low.

"Your first class is right here," Hwangsoon said as they arrived at a large wooden door. "I'll get going now, find me if you need any help!"

"Okay, thanks..." Taeyong trailed off as Hwangsoon rushed away, feeling relief wash over him as the boy disappeared into the hall.