~ 1 ~

Walking out of the store I shifted the bags in my hands. My black mask was coving my face, and my hood was secure coving my long hair. Making sure my nails didn't rip a hole in the plastic I shifted to loops in my fingers, so I wouldnt lose the circulation in my thumbs. I stood for a moment breathing in the cool night air filtered by the dark fibers, taking in the stars. I have not had time like this in a long while. Walking casually kicking a few rocks I slowly began heading back to my cheap room. The night was fresh and shined in a gloss of synthetic lights. It was nice to have time like this to myself. I deserve this.

I couldn't wait to eat my chocolate bar, true indulgence. I could watch some silly movie, then of course head back to my workout schedule. It has been a long time since I have had a vacation like this. Taking another turn, I casually look at the area around me. In the flash of headlights, I see in a reflection a hooded figure trailing behind me. For Fuck Sakes. I rolled my eyes and turned another corner, looking for a shiny surface. In another reflection I still see the hooded figure still the same distance behind me. Just fantastic. I memorized all the ways to get back to the cheap motel I have been staying at. I was prepared for such a situation, but sadly this means I might be losing my chocolate bar.

Lets just end it here. Crossing the street, I enter an alley. It was dark enough, with only the outlet in the front. The rest was blocked off by trash, and leftover bits from construction. Perfect. I hope this loser knows what he is dealing with, I might be small, but I have some bite. I place my bags down and reach for my gun, a simple shot once they enter. Fuck, it's not there. I feel through my pockets and the metal that is missing. I should have known. It doesn't matter, I never minded getting a little bloody. I just hope they are not carrying anything.

I pull the black mask closer over my face to make sure it is covering and securely in place. The figure walks into the alley. I can see from the lights in the street that his was built. He wasn't nervous. He knew what he was doing. Someone must have sent him. the light from the street came in flashes. In the dark gaps I moved silently. The man gave off a since of confidence, and that was his mistake. I have taken care of many like him before. When another flash illuminated our space, his eyes widened as my fist contacted his face. As he stumbled back with a groan, I gave him a quick kick to the stomach. He bent forward gasping for air, I silently moved behind him and kicked him to his knees. So Weak. As he went down, I pulled his head back by his hair. He reached out a strong arm to claw at me pulling at my hoodie covered arm. Ripping the material, he was very strong. I only grabbed it and yacked it back, as I kneed him in the lower back. With his body pushed forward he let out a scream as his arm folded down like a handle for a slots machine with a pop.  Jack pot.

The man folded on himself to the ground, as his dislocated arm went slack. I bent over him leaning close to his ear, pulling his hair letting my nails dig into his scalp he could only wince in pain. "Do I have your attention? Good. This is quite an insult you know. Sending someone as weak as you to check up on me. I have only been on vacation for two days, and everyone now thinks I'm weak?"  I say slowly enough so he can hear me through the dark fibers covering my mouth. I only heard the man struggling in my grip. "Now be a good boy and tell me who sent you? I promise I can play nice." After a moment and there was no answer, I put my other hand on his injured shoulder. He let out another scream as I toyed with it "Now tell me who sent you!" I yelled over his scream. I could feel his body begin to shake. Standing up, I pushed him down on his back. He recoiled in pain as he landed on his shoulder. I could see my shadow on the brick wall across from me flickering with the passing cars. I didn't even look at him as I gave him a swift kick in the stomach. Pitiful. I kicked him again further up on his chest to make sure he had a few broken ribs. This will be a massage to whoever sent him. I pulled my leg back aiming lower and gave him a hard kick in the crowned jewels.

BANG

I felt something buzz by my face, when I moved for the man. I looked up to where the shot must have come from. Leaning down I see his large eyes I whisper "Your lucky in a flash of darkness I left before the shooter could get good lighting for another shot.

coming out of the alley I slipped in with a group of girls blending in perfectly. I felt my stomach rumble. Shit I forgot my groceries.