astonishment

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

I JERKED UP AT THE SOUND OF MY ALARM. I fiddled with my phone as I clicked the alarm off. My back hurt as I fell back onto my bed. I groaned as I looked over to my bedside table. I frowned as I saw a note. I lazily reached over and grabbed it.

Dear Y/N,

You fell asleep on the couch while trying to finish your calculus. Kacchan and I carried you to your bed and cleaned up. Thanks for everything!

Can't wait to see you at school!

Signed, Zu and Katsu

My mind raced as I re-read the note over and over again. I gripped my bed sheets a little tighter.

"So... that was all a dream..? Damn, that's crazy..." I whisper to myself. I shoved the note back on my bedside table and held my phone tight. I called the only person I could think of that would listen to my sorry ass at 5 in the morning. He picked up on the fifth ring.

"Y/N? It's 5 o'clock. It's illegal to call at this time."

"I really need to talk with you about something. Urgently." The line went dead for a moment. A yawn brought it back to life.

"Urgent as in, come over now, or tell you on the way to school?"

"I... please come here..." I whisper. I heard a groan, signalling that he was getting out of bed.

"Be there in 10." I gave a sigh of relief as I thanked him and hung up. I placed my phone on the side table and got up. I stood and stared at the closet, as if judging it. I walked over to it and checked inside. I shook my head as I grabbed my uniform and chucked it on my bed.

"This better be important." I turned and saw Ryoto yawn as he climbed through my window, closing his wings. He walked over and sat on my bed. I fumbled with my tie as I walked over and sat besides him.

"I had a nightmare. Like a super bad one." I explain. He gave me an incredulous look, as if to say he was shocked.

"A nightmare. What are you twelve?" He deadpanned. I shrugged.

"Maybe. But I'm serious. It... really freaked me out." I say shakily. He sighed as he kicked off his shoes and sat crossed legged on the bed.

"Then explain."