Chapter 1

"Why did you leave?" I asked, with obvious tears in my eyes. I tried to blink them away, but I couldn't. "You didn't even tell me, you just left!"

"It was for the best. The time wasn't right," he mumbled, avoiding eye contact with me.

"The time will never be right! We both know that! You were gone for seven months, I missed you. You left me there, all alone!" I cried, barley able to breathe.

"I'm sorry. Believe me, I am genuinely sorry. I just wish you'd forgive me, but I know that's not possible. So this time, before I leave, I'm going to tell you. Goodbye, Casey." He smiled a sad smile and turned to walk away.

"I hate you!" I shouted, hoping that would somehow make him want to stay, or at least hurt his feelings. I wanted him to fight for me. That's all I'd ever wanted. I knew that me and him could never be together, but that doesn't mean we couldn't fight for each other. I wanted him to save me like he did seven months ago. He stopped for a second, and I prayed that he'd turn around, and come back. But instead he just carried on walking away, without even glancing back once. He was gone, again. But this time I had a feeling he wasn't coming back. "But that doesn't mean I don't love you..." I whispered, closing the door and leaning against it. I closed my eyes and wished for this all to end.

- 2 years ago -

"Casey, hurry up!" I heard Tyler shout from outside my window. I opened the window and looked down at him, in his faded jeans and hollister shirt. He looked good, like always. I winked at him and closed the window. I finished brushing and hair spraying my dark brown wavy hair and jogged downstairs.

"Bye, mum," I smiled, giving her a hug.

"Bye, Casey. But wait, don't you want something to eat first?" she asked, holding a plate of toast out in front of me. I looked at it for a second, as my stomach rumbled. I was always hungry, and that was the problem.

"No, I'm not hungry and I'm already late. Tyler won't wait much longer," I explained, putting on my black vans.

"Hmm, okay sweetie. You look nice," she said as I looked down at my dark blue skinny jeans and white tank top. Was she serious? I looked terrible. I thanked her, laughed, and walked outside to Tyler.

"Woah Casey, you look hot," he joked, opening the car door for me.

"You just made my day," I said sarcastically, as I did my seat belt. I was kind of nervous, since I didn't really trust Tyler's driving. He'd just got his license a few weeks ago and he'd promised to drive me to school every day since my parents didn't drive. Me and him weren't in a relationship or anything, in fact, I'd never even liked him in that way at all. He had been my best friend for six years now, and he really did mean a lot to me.

"Aw, you're so adorable, Casey! Love you," he laughed, nudging me in the side and winking. Tyler had sandy blonde hair, and huge brown eyes. He was so cute.

"Love you too, Ty," I smiled, kissing him on the cheek. He grinned, his dimples showing. He looked me in the eyes for a few moments, not saying a word. Then he shook his head, as he looked down at his feet before starting the car.

"What's up?" I asked, slightly confused. I always kissed Tyler on the cheek, and he'd never reacted like that before.

"Nothing, don't worry. I just... it's nothing," he muttered. I didn't believe him, but I wasn't going to continue to bother him about it. He obviously didn't want to talk about it and I was fine with that.

"Okay. Look, I know we're late, but can you stop at the shop for a couple of minutes? I want an energy drink," I asked, biting my lip. I always had an energy drink in the morning, but I'd had them all last night so there were none left at home.