Chapter 2

As soon as I got home, I sat on my bed and thought about what had happened. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and texted Tyler, asking him if he was okay, and telling him that I missed my best friend. He texted back instantly, saying that he's fine, and he's sorry. Then he sent another saying that he missed me too, and we can forget everything that happened today and go back to normal. I smiled, but my heart was still aching. He may have said we could forget about what happened today, but I think we both knew that we never would actually forget. I was sure that this would cause problems for our friendship, but I pushed the thought aside and just tried to be happy that for now, we were best friends.

I was awake until 4am talking to people on Facebook, and listening to music. I closed my laptop and layed back on my bed. I closed my eyes, but all I could see was Tyler's face as I turned to walk away. See, I knew I wouldn't be able to just forget about this. I tried to think about something else, but it didn't work. I turned the light off, and got into bed, closing my eyes yet again.

I was in a forest, and it was dark. I could hear sounds, but I couldn't see anything moving. I continued to look around, almost fearlessly. I took a deep breath and took a step forward. But suddenly, I felt a hand grab onto my arm. I turned around, face to face with this stranger.

"Please, please don't kill me!" I cried, falling to my knees. The man had a mask on, so I was unable to identify him. Well, I assumed it was a him.

"I won't kill you," he whispered into my ear as he knelt beside me. I recognised the voice, but I  wasn't sure who it belonged to.

"How can I trust you?" I asked, my tears falling to the ground.

"Because I love you," he said, removing his mask. My eyes widened as I saw Mr Riley.

"How can you love me? We only met a day ago..." I stated, leaning away from him.

"Well, I guess you can't trust me then," he smirked, as he pierced a knife into my stomach. Then he left. He just left me, bleeding to death. My eyes rolled back and I fell into a never ending sleep.

I sat up, breathless. I looked around, to find myself in my bedroom. I closed my eyes and tried to steady my breathing. It was just a nightmare. A very strange, realistic nightmare. I hadn't had a nightmare since I was about twelve. I rubbed my eyes and got out of bed, looking in the mirror. My hair was a mess, and I had dark circles under my eyes. I looked at the clock, it was half seven. I sighed, and started to get ready for the hell we like to call school.

"Hey mum," I smiled, grabbing a chocolate muffin.

"Oh, good morning, Casey. Is Tyler here yet?" she asked, looking up from her newspaper.

"No, but he will be soon... I think." I sighed, remembering what happened the day before.

"Okay. Oh, and I got a phone call from one of your teachers yesterday. I forgot to tell you."

"Which one?" I rolled my eyes, assuming it was Mrs Thomas complaining about me again.

"I can't remember her name, but it was your French teacher. She was talking about some trip to Rome. You've always wanted to go there, haven't you? Now you can, if you still want to that is," my mum explained as she drank her coffee.

"I... don't know. Sure, I want to go. But then again, I'd rather go when I'm older with friends, or alone. I don't want to go with a bunch of teachers and annoying students. I don't want anyone to ruin Rome for me, you know?" I told her.

"I understand." she nodded, laughing slightly. She laughed at everything, and sometimes it was a bit annoying.

I walked over to the mirror at looked down at my outfit. I was wearing a pair of light blue denim shorts, purple converse, and an aqua blue and grey checked shirt. I took my hairband off of my wrist and did my hair up into a high ponytail. I applied a little more mascara, and looked out the window. Tyler was outside. I put my phone in my bag and walked over to my mum.