- 𝔦 𝘣𝘶𝘨𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘰

Chapter One
BUGS AND THE GOLDEN TRIO

    A COUPLE OF DAYS HAD PASSED SINCE THE INCIDENT OF THE CUPCAKE

A COUPLE OF DAYS HAD PASSED SINCE THE INCIDENT OF THE CUPCAKE. Kit was seated at the dining room table with a quidditch book in her hand and an empty bowl of cereal placed in front of her. Her father was seated across from her and was reading his own book, Cooking for Beginners.

    "If I were to bake a cake for your mother for her birthday next month what flavour do you think she would like?"

    Kit set her book down to look towards her father, Henry Meverlane, his eyes were still trained towards his book with his tongue sticking out between his teeth, a trait that everyone in the family owns whenever they were focused on something. "Dad, if you want me to be completely honest with you. I think it might be safer if you just buy her a cake."

    "Hahaha." Henry rolled his eyes at his daughter. "You are so kind."

    "What do you expect? I got it from my mother," she replied.

    The father and daughter continued to have their discussion when Ivrin walked into the kitchen, letting out a huge yawn, his hair shrivelled from sleep. He sat himself down next to Kit and started to pour himself a bowl of cereal.

    Kit and her father locked eyes with each other, a small grin forming on their faces. "You look cheery this morning."

    Ivrin narrowed his eyes towards Kit. "It's too early for you to be this annoying. Maybe wait another hour or two?"

    Kit narrowed her eyes back at him. Henry stood up to open up a window in the room. He leaned against the kitchen stove to look at his children, a cup of tea in his hand.

    "Shouldn't you two be heading to Diagon Alley soon? When does Bugs come with your supplies lists?"

    "It should be toda-"

    And that's when an owl flew through the open window and landed inside Ivrin's bowl of cereal.

    "My shreddies," Ivrin said as he picked up the knocked out, old owl from its foot, milk dripping from its body.

    Bugger 'Bugs' the owl has been with the Meverlane family since Ivrin got his acceptance letter from said owl who crashed into their glass backdoor. Bugs was an old barn owl that became Ivrin's pet first year after he begged Hogwarts headmaster, Albus Dumbledore if he can keep it in which the headmaster agree to it once he saw how attached Ivrin got with the owl after it crashed into the Meverlane's house. Bugs was not known for being the smartest owl for his Hogwarts' jobs as he often crashes into everything instead of probably landing on his feet, and that's how he got the name Bugger.