Did she ever love me

"Kids come and change you clothes" Mum's voice was hoarse again which means she has been crying. We went to change from our uniform "Why is mum always sad Tristan" I asked my elder brother " Don't get yourself worried over nothing , mum is okay" "ok then".
My elder brother is three years older than me and he has always been my protector in school or at home in the estate. No one would mess with me knowing I had an elder brother.So when growing up mum would always tell us before bed we wash our feet beacuse with our feet clean when dad comes in the morning he would need to take us out and we would just wear shoes because our feet are clean, but the truth of the matter is that I have never seen my father and he has never been home. Mom didn't like us questioning about him saying that she feels she is enough for us and we don't need a father. My brother always says that he can't remember him too so yeah , I don't even have any of his photos .It sucks , it has always sucked growing up without a memory of your father or if he is alive in the first place.
I can't say mum wasn't enough but she was always sad most of her life and she would always be wiping her tears. Tristan would always urgue with mum most of the time because mum would try and hit me .Tristan has always been my hero ,not at home only but in school too.I love my brother so much because he is never absent like dad or mad at me like mum.So this day when Tristan was fifteen and we came home from school .
It was on a Monday and we found mum lying down with pills spilled all over floor .I screamed ,Tristan tried to wake mum up but she wouldn't respond She wasn't mad before we left that morning ."I love you so much my babies , Tristan take care of Tracy that's what you'll always do "