promposal

I walked down the hallway of my oh so crappy school, wanting the world to open up and swallow me whole. I hadn't had the best day as you can see. I walked into my Spanish class only to be greeted by the reason I wanted to be dead. Charlie McKlee.

"Where'd you get that shirt, Goodwill? Because it'd be a GOOD decision to return it or you WILL be alone for the prom dance." she swung her hips.

Gee dork diaries much? I sighed and pushed past Charlie to my seat, happy that Spanish was my last class. Mr. Garcia started explaining about love and romantic gooinesss that made me wanna barf.

- - -

Finally Spanish class ended and I could finally escape this hell. I walked to my locker as quickly as possible, but not quick enough to escape Charlie's grab on my shoulder. She spun me around towards her.

"It's too bad that no niño will be insane enough to ask you to be their amor." Charlie giggled before walking off.

Honestly, I wanted to get onto my knees and cry my green eyes out, but I'm no baby. I walked to my locker as planned before, grabbed my stuff, and walked into the school gym where I would wait for my bus. What threw me off was that no other bus riders were there, like usual.

I shrugged off the awkward feeling and continued to wait for the bus. I felt presence somewhere in the gym so I couldn't help but look around to see if anyone was there. I saw the school band standing there with weird smiles plastered on their faces.

"U-uh, hi..?" I said while waving with an awkward smile.

That's when I saw my crush, Preston Shields, walking towards me as the band members parted as if he were Moses. I gulped as he got closer. He grabbed my chin and lifted it towards his face.

"Mackenzie Alexa Starks," he said with a sincere smile.

"Y-yes..?" I stutter shaken by the contact.

He leaned forward towards me and locked our lips making my eyes widen. Was this real?? Is Preston Shields kissing me!? He pulled away and stepped back before one of the band members gave him an acoustic guitar. Then he started stroking the strings with a pick as he opened his mouth to sing,

"I've never seen someone quite like this."

"I couldn't find the words so I went in for a kiss."

"I didn't know how you'd respond."

"But thank God I didn't do anything wrong."

"I prayed and prayed that you wouldn't think I was weird."

"So instead of in the hallways I'm doing this here."

"So please accept this because I think your the bomb."

The band members held up a large poster saying "PROM?" on it in my favorite color, yellow.

"Mackenzie will you be my date to the prom?"

My heart stopped. I hopped up and down and screamed repeatedly.

"YES! YES! YES! I WILL!"