Chapter Twelve

When I got back to the academy it was quite late, the sky was darkening.
The house was peaceful and empty, I hadn't seen many of my siblings since this morning.
I knew Allison was upstairs and I contemplated going to talk to her, concerning her phone call with Patrick earlier, but decided against it.
Since Five had left, I had shut myself away from the rest of the world, and I was not very good at emotional conversations.
I walked upstairs to the roof, basking in the cool evening air.
I thought about my family and the difficult relationships that had evolved from our damaged childhood. I wondered if any of us could ever really love one another.
I realised that I had never been close to most of my family, I only really liked Five and Ben.
I could rely on them, they were my best friends... and I lost both of them.
At least I had Five back now but he wasn't my Five anymore. Being alone for 45 years had changed him.
Then I remembered that he wasn't alone. He still hadn't told me who was with him, or what he was doing with Klaus. When we were young we would tell each other everything, we would study together and prank our siblings together and Ben would usually tag along.
But I wasn't the same person either. I guess none of us were.
And me and Five could never be that close again. I grew sad.
I trudged to my room and pulled open my drawer, pulling out my pills.
I had forgotten to take them for the last couple of days and I needed to stick to my routine.
I picked out three and gulped them down with a glass of water that was on my bedside table.
I sighed and felt my eyes start to droop, I yawned and began to realise how late it was. Or should I say early, it was past one in the morning.
*****
After about half an hour Accalia woke up to the sound of the front door slamming.
She heard Allison and Luther talking in the hall.
She tuned in on the footsteps clattering up the stairs and the conversation that followed.
"Five? What the hell happened to you?" Luther asked. "Are you okay? Can we help?" He asked again.
He raised his hand but Five grabbed it.
"There's nothing you can do. There's nothing any of you can do." Five replied and slowly lowered his hand.
He came up the stairs and I stepped out of my room, slightly concerned.
"Five?" I asked, "Are...you alright?"
He shoved past me to his room.
"I'm fine." He muttered.
"Five!" I exclaimed, following him.
"I'm fine, Accalia!" He said, slamming his door in my face.
I sighed, thinking how ironic it was that I was now chasing him, when usually the roles would be reversed.
I knocked on his door. "Five! Open up!" There was no answer.
I twisted the knob of his door to find it locked.
Ugghhh.
"Five, please. I just want to talk. You at least owe me that." I said.
"I don't owe you anything!" He spoke up. "You said you forgave me."
"I - I do, I just. You've been keeping things from me Five, what are you not telling me?" I asked. "What were you and Klaus doing outside that 'Meritech' building? And who were you with when you went to the future? If you don't tell me, I - I'll expect the worst."
I sighed and leaned against the door, which was not a great idea as it suddenly swung open and I fell into the room.
I looked up to see a Five, he pulled me up and walked to his bed, lying down and gazing at the ceiling.
I pulled up a chair to the side of his bed and sat down carefully.
There was a silence.
"What would be the worst thing?" He asked, taking me by surprise.
I scrunched up my face, confused.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"You said you would be forced to expect the worst, What would that be?" He looked at me, his greyish-green eyes bright despite his serious expression.
"I, um, well, I guess... I don't know. I guess I just didn't want you to forget about me." I said, looking down at the floor.
"Hey, I could never forget about you Cali." He said softly.
I smiled sadly, " Then who were you with? Were you two close?" I asked.
"How silly of me, of course you we're close." I laughed slightly. " I'm sorry, I don't know why this is bothering me so much." I shook my head and got up to go but Five sat up.
"Cali." He said.
I turned around and went to sit next to him.
"What?" I asked.
He looked at me for a minute, seeming unsure before nodding his head decisively. He reached forward and placed a bag on the bed.
"This is Delores." He said, pulling out a mannequins head.
I looked at him, confused.
"A - a doll. This mysterious person is a doll? Called Delores?" He nodded.
I stepped back, "You don't have to tell me Five, I understand that we have grown apart. But that you feel you have to lie to me? That's not cool, Five!" I looked at him sadly.
"I guess I really don't know you anymore." I bit my lip and walked out of his room.
"Wait Cali!" He called, "Cali!"
He teleported next to me, grabbed my arm and I found myself back on his bed.
"Five!" I exclaimed.
"Just listen to me, hear me out, ok? Please?" He begged.
I sighed and sat facing him.
"Ok, um this is Delores. She really was the other person, I found her in a nearby mall. I used to... pretend we were dating. To talk to her. She was my only company, I know it sounds crazy but I started to believe she was real. I'm not a mad person, I know she is just a mannequin but she started to... symbolise someone, someone who was... special to me. Someone who I left behind." He finished.
I looked at his earnest face, his eyes still shining. A cute smile flickering on his face and his pink lips. I stared at his lips for a while, before looking back up into his eyes.
He shuffled closer and I felt his minty breath warm my face, which was already hot and blushing slightly. He leaned closer and I stood up, abruptly.
I walked to the door.
"Cali? Cali I'm sorry?" He stared after me, his expression changing into one of hurt and worry.
I smiled shyly before closing the door and joining him again.
"We don't want Diego or Klaus watching us or something." I giggled.
He smiled.
We both leaned in, tilting our heads slightly before our lips met.
It was a strange but calming feeling as we moved in sync.
But as it deepened, it grew more passionate, more yearning and want was channeled into the kiss.
I fell back onto the bed and pulled him down on top of me, we giggled and rolled about.
His hands gripped my waist and I reached up and wrapped my hands around his neck. Resisting, with immense difficulty, the urge to run my them through his hair.
I arched my body against his, causing him to moan. I grinned.
He but my lip slowly and licked my teeth and I opened my mouth. Our tongues danced around each other before we gathered our senses and slowed down.
We both seemed to realise what we had just done and we erupted in a fit of giggles.
He lay down and I snuggled up to him. His arms wrapping protectively around me.
"I like you, Five."
There was silence.
"Like, like like me?" He asked.
I rolled my eyes, "Yes! We're not in nursery!"
"Just making sure." He replied in an innocent voice but I could feel his smirk.
"I like like you too, Accalia."
I smirked.

A/n 💋😏😏😏