Life and Death

He was wearing, black jeans and a matching black jacket with a blue shirt. He had long brown hair just like Michael’s, but it was combed back. The man gave us a devious smirk and said, “Well, well, well, look who finally shows up after three years, and Gerald look who’s at my shop.” The man pointed at the friendly man who gave us apples.

“I see him.” Said the friendly worker.

“Did you know where he was this whole time, Gerald. Hmm...?” Gerald went to the back of the store to hide.

“It’s you Michael, and you’re all grown up and, oh! With a girlfriend? I am so proud of you!  Your Just like me.” The man started to walk up to me, terrified as I was.

“Don’t you take another step, and I’m NOTHING, like you!” Michael clenched his fist. His face was threatening enough to his dad.

“Oh Gerald, come look at this, my boy has gotten tougher. I see how it is.” He walks up to Michael, but before he could do anything I tried to push him. Michael’s dad looks at me and shock and push me out the way then Michael ran up to him and rammed him in the stomach, full force. They both fell over knocking everything on the shelves and tables.

“Kacey, run!” Yelled Michael. I didn’t want to leave him with that man. I wanted to stay and help him out, so I yelled, “No!”

“Go now!” Michael kicked his dad between his legs, we took off, hearing the man scream in pain through distance.

The boy, I know I wouldn’t be able to take my dad down alone, so I went to grab my friends, so dad can leave me and Kacey alone once and for all.

As I was knocking on Jordon’s door, he looked surprised and asked, “What are you doing here at my house?”

I told him that I was being chase down by my dad, and I needed help. He said ok and walked out the door to follow us to Miley’s house. As I was walking, me and Kacey was holding hands for the first time. To be honest, I never had a girlfriend before, and I didn’t know if it was official or not. I mean, I love her and all, but she hasn’t told me she loves me yet. Jordon knock at the door and Miley’s mother open.

“Oh, you two again.” Said Mrs. Patterson rolling her eyes.

“Yes, us two, now can you please get Miley?” sighed Jordon. Mrs. Patterson yelled Miley down, saying that we are here. He came down the flight of stairs and looked at me and said, “What is it now?”

“It’s me and Kacey we are in trouble. I need your help, please?”

“What’s happening, what’s going on?” Miley flip his hair once more. I turned as Kacey was about to tell the story.

“Ok so, Michael and I went to that store where we always go to get food. As we were leaving, we saw his dad standing right there. I pushed him as he was storming towards Michael. As he looked surprised he pushed me, so that’s when Michael tackled him down and kicked him between his legs.” Wow, Kacey made it sound like I was the hero.

“Alright Michael!” Jordon raised his hands and high fives me.

“Nice work Mike. Alright, I’m in. but only to beat down this man because I know it’s going to be fun.” Miley smiled and high fives me. We walked back to the store to see the damage that I did with my dad. I shouldn’t even call him my dad. He not, he’s a monster, and a selfish one too. My dad’s name is Phillip Jameson and he was not in the store.

“He’s close by everyone, so keep your eyes open.” Said Kacey holding onto my hand. We walked back to the abandon building, showing Miley where we live, for now.

“Oh, ok so you two are alone in this building? Oooooo, I wonder if you two have lots of fun! I love it!” Jordon rubbed his hands in delight.

“Look Jordon, I can do a cartwheel in this big part of the room!” Miley ran around the room where I was bashing my head at.