3b.

"... Dad..." Namjoon called out softly, peaking into his father's home office. "... Can we talk?"

The man was hunched over at a desk, only a desk lamp on to light the room because it was late. His head swayed side to side as his hand wrote speedily over paper till he stopped. He takes a moment to put the pencil down. Turning his head to face the young boy, "Yes?"

Namjoon entered the room, showing his mother's birthday gift of him - a diary with a bright silver heart lock with a key hole, which he hid. "Today was my birthday..." He says, always hush toward the man. "... Mom remembered."

His dad turned back. "That's good," he says. The pencil always drifting him back to silence.

Namjoon gripped his diary and gulped. Taking a deep breath, "I want to see her," He says. "For my birthday. Can I see her?"

The man sighed, turning fully around to face him again. He takes off his glasses, and cups his palms. "Son, your mother lives all the way in Rome. Not to mention, you're only fourteen. You're too young, and you don't need to see her."

"Yes I do!" Namjoon exclaims, "I haven't seen her since- since I was six!"

"Maybe when you're eighteen," Father sighs, "How can I let you when you don't even respect your own stepmother?"

"Because she's not my mom," Namjoon's voice began to raise bit by bit, "You always pay attention to her and Jungkook. She doesn't like me either, you know why? It's because I'm not her's either!"

"She's trying, Namjoon!" The chair hit the desk, empty. Namjoon's father crossing his arms, standing up. "She's trying to get to know you. Why can't you jus be grateful?"

"Be... Be grateful?" Namjoon stepped back, looking at his father almost sadly. "... Be grateful to a woman who made my own mom leave in the first place? Never- Never! Never!"

"Mom would still be here if you weren't such a dick!" He screams, "I just want to see her! I just- I just-"

A slap shuts his mouth. Stumbling back with a burning sting on his cheek. "Go to your room!" His father yells, pointing with the same hand that left a mark on his cheek. "I didn't raise you like this and neither did your mother. Go to bed, now!"

So he did, Namjoon ran out. Slamming the door loudly behind him, and ran up the stairs. Tripping over a step, and his knees slamming against the cold wooden staircase. Sudden tears slicked his red cheeks, and sobs began to break the midnight silence.

The diary fell and slide across the upstairs floor, and he covers his face. His shoulders shaking from the choking cries leaving his lips.

A door creeks open, Jungkook's bedroom.  a faint light leaving his room, and quiet footsteps padding toward Namjoon.

Namjoon saw a pair of slippers in front of him with blurry eyes. Looking up to see the younger boy, tired and confused.

"... Hyung," he groggily says, crouching down. "What's... What's wrong?"

Namjoon wiped his tears, sniffling. "I'm fine, Jungkook," he says softly. "Go back to bed before your mom gets mad."

"... Are you sure?" He asks. "I heard dad yelling."

"Yes."

Jungkook got up. Namjoon hoping he would walk away, but instead a hand is held out for him. Jungkook's hand is held out for Namjoon to grab. "... Sleep with me tonight, please?"

"... Okay..."

[unedited]