Chapter 14

Luke's P.O.V

I made my way into Clem's room. She was already sound asleep by the time I got there. I decided to sleep right next to her, instead of the chair, because let's be honest, that chair wasn't very comfortable. I took my shirt off, I got in bed, brought the blanket to my nose, and fell asleep almost as soon as my face hit the soft fluffy pillow. I woke up the next morning, and Clem wasn't there.

"Clem?" I called out.

"Clem, where are you?"

I found her outside staring at a walker. "Clem, what are you-"

it was Nick... As a walker.. She looked scared and sad. I looked down. Clem still hadn't moved. The walker didn't notice us.

"Be careful, Clem."

I walked back inside because I couldn't take it. My best friend was a walker. I heard a scream. My head shot up. I ran outside, and walker Nick was on top of clementine. I didn't have any weapons on me. I had taken them off the night before when I took my shirt off. I pulled Nick off of Clementine, and she got up and ran inside.

"What are you doing?!" I screamed at her.

She came back out almost as soon as she ran back inside. But she had a knife. She stabbed him in the back of the head. I pushed him off of me. I got up to go to her.

Clem's P.O.V

Luke made his way over to me. He motioned me in for a hug. My head was resting on his bare chest. I heard his heart beat. It was racing. I let go of him and walked inside. I sat down at the table. Laying my head down.

"Clem, I don't want you going outside anymore, okay?"

I looked up at Luke.

"... What? Why?"

"You and I were almost killed this morning. I don't want you going outside, unless someone older is with you. And Sarah does not count."

He said to me. He looked mad.

"Are you mad at me? Is that it? I didn't mean to. I didn't know that would happen. I went outside because I wanted some fresh air. Come on, you can't ban me from going outside by myself."

"Yes, I can. I'm watching over you now. And I don't want you going outside. Okay?"

His voice raised.

"But, Luke-"

"Do as I say."

His muscles were tense, and his brown eyes were filled with anger. I really messed up.