Chapter 1

I shake my wet hair with my hand and pull on my soaking wet hood. Seattle, the city of fucking rain.

I sigh as I walk down the streets of the lantern district, this part is safer from the rain, with all of the curvy roofs and small shops, providing shelter as the rain pours down from the clouds.

I walk down the main street of the district, where there are giant TV's on most of the buildings playing stupid Japan adds.

I walk along all normally, until my eye catches the flash of red coming from one of the grates leading underground,

I had walked past it a bit so I casually walked backwards and opened the trap door leading down, please note that I am a weak gamer girl, and I have no strength whatsoever and I somehow managed to open a 1000 pound metal trapdoor..

Don't ask how I did it, I just did. (Book logic)

I climb down the long ladder and when my feet touch the hard concrete floor I strike a ninja pose.

I slowly walk around, not walking, more like awkwardly shuffling around not even picking up my feet.

I walk into a room with a boy who looked about my age, sitting at a computer chair, playing a game.

I made the bad choice of screaming "IMA FUCKING NINJA," and scaring the shit out of the poor boy.

he turned around and his hand started glowing a light blue with pixels coming out of it, "Woahhhh there Conduit," I said.

LET ME STOP TIME

Alright, Seattle has been in fear of people called Bio-Terrorists or Conduits for seven years. these people have unknown powers of different things, from smoke to paper, The powers can get pretty wacky.

The D.U.P or The Department of Unified Protection, Have been protecting us from the conduits, but personally, I don't have a problem with them, there just people with powers that can kill... Okay now I see the problem, but I still don't mind them here.

LET ME START TIME UP AGAIN

I put up my hands in defence and  brace for impact of something hitting me,

But nothing comes, I look up slowly, with my hands still above my face.

He was just standing there his hands glowing blue,

TIME STOP AGAIN

A few weeks ago there was a crash of one of the D.U.P's Prison cars, They were moving Conduits former jail, Curdun Cay, A jail made just for conduits,

Anyways the prison car crashed and three conduits holding the powers, Smoke, Neon, and Video escaped. A boy named Delsin Rowe had touched one of the conduits hands and sucked up his power like a sponge.

TIME STARTS BACK UP

I want to try what Delsin did, and see if it works on other normals as well, So i grab the boys hand and I feel a surge of power go through my body, and I blacked out.

(Flash back is the vid on side, Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29PnF7yx-eA)

I wake up with me and the boy lying on the floor, I groan as I sit up slowly and stretch my arms,

"I never got your name," I said to him as he slowly got up

"Eugene," He groaned as he sat up.

I looked at him, and this was the first time i could see what he really looked like, He was a kinda short teen, With thick glasses and a heaven's Hellfire T-Shirt. He also had a grey hoodie with stripes on it.