Fear And Freedom

Prologue

Natalie tore through the darkened alley, going as fast as her short legs would allow. She scanned the scene before her frantically, looking for an escape route. She heard male voices and jeering echo down the closed in street and heavy footsteps quickening her way. She desperately scrambled behind a dumpster and tried to control her shaky breathing.

“Oi love! Where you at?” Laughter followed as if this was the funniest thing the Loinxs had ever heard.

“We aint gonna harm nothing!”

The voice was deep and masculine and held authority; the leader of the Lixions. Why was he here? Why not send Loinx from his army to do the dirty work for him?

Natalie instructed herself inwardly to shut up and not to move as she held her breath, praying with all her might to Mischelous they would keep walking.

She strained her ears and listened as their laughing, drunken selves echoed off into the distance. Feeling exceptionally lucky, Nat didn’t even breathe a sigh of relief, not risking that she was fully alone. She took deep breathes and stayed in the crouched position for another five minutes before stretching her muscles.

She pulled herself up and unlocked the locket from her around her neck. Wiping the shimmery powder on the back of the dumpster she stepped into the Portal that had appeared.

Finding herself back in her room, she climbed hastily into her bed and fell asleep almost instantly, the exhaustion too much.

The next day, Natalie woke up groggy and disorientated. She stumbled out of bed and into the shower, washing of the previous day. S

he dressed casually in high waisted black shorts with a lacy yellow blouse and the Portal Necklace. Her fiery red hair fell in ringlets down to her waist and Nat slipped on sunset orange flats to complete her quirky bright and colourful look.

Natalie Quiskilla was a Pixie, the Fire type. She lives alone in the Maple Tree but enjoys the peace and is not that far to the City Village.

She was still in High School, so had not graduated to White Wings yet. She was small, even for a Pixie. The average height of a Fire Pixie was around 10cm, but Natalie was 7cm. Nat carefully placed the parcel she had stolen the night before into her bag, and silenty prayed to Mischelous to help pretect her from the trouble bound to happen today.

********************************

Hey this is my first story posted on Wattpad so be nice:)