Chapter 2 - I'm Up To My All Tricks

The pack my mother gave me turned out to be pretty useful.

I found my dad's address and handed it to the taxi driver, or cab driver, seeing as we're in America.

After 10 minutes of typing on his sat nav, he then handed me back the business card back to me.

The drive was just over an hour long and kind of expensive, but mum had given me over $5000 in cash and a credit card loaded with another $8000.

I guess this was her way of softening the fact that she was taking two years off work to travel the world with her new boyfriend, Joe, while I had to leave my boyfriend Peter, my friends and sixth form in England to live with my dad, in America, whom I have only met once.

Not to mention the fact I have to go to a new school and make new friends.

To be honest I expected more.

From what I gathered on my journey 'home' Malibu was swish.

I'd been to America only a couple of times before with mum, to New York, but she was always working so I was stuck in the hotel all day.

The 'cab' driver parked up in front of my dad's house.

It was amazing. It was a beach house like actually on the beach.

He lives on a quiet street that only had a few houses on it, and each of the houses had Land Rovers, Ferraris and other expensive looking cars parked outside them.

I managed to drag my suitcases up to the front door.

I paused taking in my surrounds, this place was amazing, and it reminded me of places celebrities get married.

I turned back to the front door.

It was now or never, it was time to meet my dad.

I knocked four times, but no one answered, just my luck.

There was a window on the porch that looked into the hall way, which was of course empty.

Well I was certain they lived here because my mum gave me the address, and maybe they hide keys under their door mat.

After mustered enough luck to find a key, hidden behind a plant pot, I got into the house and strategically positioned my suitcases directly in front of the door so as my dad and brother walked in, they would remember what they had forgotten.

Me.

I then decided to explore the town, that was going to be my home for the next two years.