A Prodigy They Said

People believe that if we met someone three times unintentionally, maybe they were fated to be together. Of course I don't believe that. I mean, who does? It just sound so fairy tale that make it sound stupider. For me, meeting someone, a stranger especially for n-th times were not a fate, it was just a mere coincidence. Because, hey! It just natural when you met someone in some public place right? There's nothing special, nothing such fate playing its game on it.

But when I saw you in front of me smiling brightly while you introduced yourself, the thought of red string crossing around us just flashed on my mind and that was so ridiculous. We were paired up for the next presentation for visual story telling class. It turned out that we took the same class, and you were my senior, two years older. At that time I just knew that people called you as graphic designer prodigy. I almost cursed myself because I didn't even knew that an important student in our department was sitting in front of me. Unexpectedly, you were not that ignorant prick I used to accuse you with. You apparently had been going here and there for scholarships and needed to retake this class so that you can graduated this year.

'Graphics design department's pride', they said as I recalled how other friends of mine described you to me, told me how lucky I were for having a prodigy as my partner. So when I said
"You are responsible for giving me an A, so that I won't take your nickname as a joke", I heard it again. The sound of your laugh that unexpectedly felt so familiar to me.

"Sure, let me show you how a prodigy works then", and that was a bonus. The sound of your self proclaimed tittle, I soon will miss.