Chapter 2

I pulled my iPod out, and put in my earplugs. I turned on the song "One Thing" by One Direction. I hummed along, walking with my shotgun out. I started singing along as I put my foot on a street. "Get out, get out, get out of my head~," I sang. Two zombies were in front of me, eating a body. They heard my singing, and looked up. I walked forward some more, and stopped when I saw said zombies. They stared at me, and I stared at them. I aimed my shotgun at the zombie on the left's head, and pulled the trigger. His head was off in an instant. The second one got up, and ran towards me. I blindly shot at it, hitting it in the chest. She flew backwards, and fell on her back. I reloaded my gun, and kept walking. After several hours of walking, I stopped, and started leaning on a building. My legs were hurting. My arm stung. And I was almost out of ammo in my shotgun. I sighed, and closed my eyes. "I hope they're ok," I whispered, thinking to when I brought my family to the army.

There was a near-by evac where they had trucks and evacuated survivors. I brought my family there. "C'mon, guys!" I yelled. They ran forward, and climbed onto a truck. I put my leg on, and the truck started. I fell backward, and the truck drove off. "Emma!" I heard my little sister yell, in fear. I stared ahead, in fear and shock. They left me. I climbed up, and let a tear. "I'll find out guys!" I yelled. "Stay safe!" I started walking. A zombie appeared behind me. It grabbed my arm, and sunk its teeth into it. I yelled in pain. I kicked the zombie back, and punched it. I ran off. My arm was hurting bad. I kept running, though.

I opened my eyes, and started walking forward. "Think of them..." I whispered.

THE END