Bitty Adoption?

"Jess, did you hear about the new pet store that opened up?" My cousin, Emma, asked. Her face is practically shining. We have decided to spend our lunch at my apartment because we couldn't think of anything else to do. She paced back and forth in my room, while looking though her phone.

Every once in a while, she would let out a squeal if she saw something she liked. However, she seemed to be hooked on this one website. 

"OH MY GOODNESS, JESS!!! LOOK AT THERE LITTLE CUTE FACES AND OUTFITS!!!" She screeched in my ear loudly, waving her phone in my face. 

"Jesus Christ, stop waving that thing in my face and give me it." I said obviously annoyed. I snatched it from her hand and looked at the picture she had opened up. It was a small skeleton labeled 'Baby Blue.' It had the most adorable expression plastered on its face.

"Awww, he's so cuteeeee!!!" I squeal. I scroll through more pictures, looking at the names and information. I give her back her phone and open up the website on my phone. 

"Mama Cry's Bitty Adoption Center, huh?" I ponder aloud. 

I begin debating on whether I should go check it out later or not. Emma is busy fangirling in the corner, talking about which bitties she wants. 

"You wanna go check out the store later?" I ask her. I  know full well she is gonna freak out about it and drag me down there. She saves me the walk since I don't have a car yet, but she does. She seems to like that fact, since she rubs it in my face constantly.

I've been wanting to get a little companion for quite some time now.

I don't like calling animals 'pets' because they are living beings who have the same needs as us. From what I've read, bitties are like humans, basically. They are tiny monsters that are so small that they need someone bigger to help care for them. Not that there is anything wrong with that, of course. People seem to treat them like they're pets or objects and it's completely unfair. The website explained how most people will return bitties or abuse them if they don't act like obedient pets. Although, they're companions and its advised to treat them as such.

Bitties can't live without love. If left without it, the bitty will either become feral and violent or extremely depressed and dust (aka die). That's really sad and it makes me feel bad for the bitties that have to go through that. 

"So, do you wanna go check out the store?" I ask Emma.

She's been shocked that I would wanna go look at it, considering it's not my usual genre. I mean, sure, I act tough but there's no way she actually believed that I'm that bad... right? 

"Uhhh, yea... actually... I wanted to get one. How about you, Jess?" She asks, glad that I want to check it out with her.

"Well, I may get one if any seem to interest me." I state nonchalantly. I glance at the time. "It's 4:49, the shop closes at 6:00 and its an hour drive. Let's get going!!!"

I start walking out the door. I quickly grab the hat my ex boyfriend gave me and rush out to the passenger seat. 

"WELL, YOU READY!?!?" I shout out the window. 

Emma rushes down the stairs slipping on some ice and grabbing the door to get in.

"Yea, I'm ready." She says, breathlessly.

"Let's go!!!"