1. Together; Stronger

When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching; They are your family.

Jim Butcher.

----------

It felt wet under my feet... The ground was wet under my feet and I could feel it, embracing me as if it was waiting for me to touch it. Every step, every jump; The forest accepted me as if I was part of him. As if I had been born there. Like a mother opening her arms to the son she waited so long to give birth. I was free.

Beside me, my brothers and sisters imitated me and I could feel every pore of my skin smiling free and every hair of my fur waving as if it was a dance. A part of me that I didn't know I had, was waiting for this moment so many years. Too many. Now I feel myself as I truly am. As a wolf.

---------------------

"Will you stop howling? Being with the pack affects your brain so much?"

Ester opened her eyes wide, prepared for anything. She sat up in her bed to meet a pair of kind eyes that were looking at her funny from the door of her room. Ester brought a hand to her chest and looked at her phone, which was charging on her bedside table.

"What time is it?" She unlocked it, making her a little blind for a moment because of the sudden light that came out of it. "Shit, 17pm... I've slept so much Eunhyuck?"

"And you said this was just going to be a nap..." The man in the door laughed at her and left. "The boys are downstairs! Let's have a snack!"

Ester sighed and got up from the bed. She crossed the room to reach the vertical mirror she had in the closet door, getting ready. She was still in her pajamas and decided that it would continue that way since she knew Eunhyuck and the boys since she was little.

Eunhyuck wasn't her father, nor her brother. He adopted her when she was 3 years old in a minor's shelter. She never used the word dad with him, nor brother. It was only Eunhyuck, Hyuck for close people. It could be considered as a kind of big brother, yes; But it wasn't necessary formalities or blood to know that they were family.

She picked up her cell phone and put the headphones around her neck as usually. It was February and it was cold, even in Hyuck's old house, so she also took a sweatshirt. She left her room and went downstairs with a quick pace.

Hyuck's house was old. It was made of wood in its entirety and you could feel the harsh winter nights when the planks complained creaking. It has 3 floors, enough to accommodate many more guests but only she and Hyuck lived there. One of the positive things about this old house was that it was on the outskirts of the city, so the atmosphere was calm. Plus, it was next to the forest. An old house that was almost falling in a pieces, in a quiet place out of nowhere... Eunhyuck could afford that.

There were howls outside and Ester turned her head looking for where that sound came from. She smiled. The boys were around the house, playing for sure.

She went down the stairs, dodging one of the exited planks, down to the main hall. She heard laughter and screams.

"Well it was the girl with the biggest tits I've seen in my-"

"LUCAS."

"He's in his second puberty. Leave him being a kid, Hyuck..." A very sweet voice rang through the dining room as Ester continued going down the stairs. "I can't believe he's a Beta. I have to remember when he had his first season and was about-"