Battle with the War God

I didn't expect to be getting a new quest so soon, I mean I just got back from saving Olympus for the third time! I was talking about the new prophecy to Annabeth when Grover came trotting towards us. He looked pale and tired. He caught his breath and told us about the situation. Apparently, Ares, the god of war, was going to cause a great (actually not so great) war. We sprinted to Chiron's office, Chiron is the owner of Camp Half-Blood. I've been at this camp for years and I was hoping that it wasn't going to be attacked this time.

     Of course, I was completely wrong. "My father is gonna do what?!?!!" shrieked Clarisse, the scariest child of Ares I've ever met, so far. A lot of Ares cabin weren't exactly happy campers. They were furious at the thought of their father betraying the gods. The rest were supportive and proud of their father, so they ran away from camp to join their father's army. I didn't understand it at first, but Chiron explained it to me. The prophecy went like this :

The god of war shall rise against us all,

So that will cause your camp to fall,

The son of Poseidon, the bravest of them all,

Will take on the god who was destined to brawl.

The fate of his friends and the fate of his enemies

Shall determine the outcome of the god Ares.

There was more, but I forgot it. I can tell I'm definitely going to regret it. I feel like I'm going to have to visit a horrible friend of mine, Hades. When do I not see that guy. I hope I can visit Nico though. Being the son of Hades, Nico wasn't exactly the happiest person in the underworld. He was about four feet, black hair, always in black clothes. He also smells like death all the time. He lost his sister, Bianca, thanks to me, he hated me. Luckily, he forgave me. He has a cold dark attitude towards people he doesn't know. He has special powers.

Ares on the other hand is over six feet, black hair, black eyes, usually wears sunglasses, and ugly as can be, in my opinion. He works for Aphrodite in his spare time. The rest of his time is spent as the god of war. I've hated him ever since our first fight. He is also the second most annoying god I know. The first is Hades by a close amount. When we walked into Chiron's office, he was in his wheelchair, which was weird because he is a centaur. He is half man, half horse. His horse half was brown and it looked soft. He didn't let anyone touch it though. He uses a wheelchair to make everyone think he is just a middle aged English teacher with broken legs.

I was worried because when he was in his wheelchair, that meant it was extremely serious. He was pale and shaken up like he had just seen a ghost. He spoke in a shaky tone, "Annabeth, will you please excuse us?" Annabeth nodded and exited the room. I was even more nervous now. " What did I do now?" I said in a squeaky voice. I was hoping for it to come out braver and more manly, but my voice didn't agree with me. He said, "Nothing my boy, I just needed to see you." He replied in a way I didn't expect, in fear.

I silently stood there, paralyzed and confused. Why did he seem afraid to talk to me? Where was the welcoming smile and voice I was always given? I felt angry and afraid, what had happened while I was gone? I finally spoke, "Chiron," he jumped as if I were Medusa herself, "Y-Yes?" I wasn't sure what to say but I said, "Are you afraid of me?" I wasn't sure why but I looked in the mirror next to him and I saw something completely shocking, I saw a creepy grin plastered on my face. I didn't know why but it felt like it wasn't me. A few campers walked in to check on us. Annabeth was in front. When she saw me she instantly froze, I saw the fear in her stormy gray eyes. She said in a trembling voice, "P-Percy? Is that really you?" I said, "Who else would it be?" I spoke but it wasn't my voice. It sounded familiar. Chiron said, " Ares?! Where are you?" He said, " I'm temporarily using his weak body for communication to that useless camp of yours. Anyway, you have two choices. Either you make your campers join my army or I'll destroy your little camp. I'll even allow Clarisse tell me herself." Suddenly, someone bursted into the room, it was Clarisse. As soon as she saw me, Ares chuckled so loudly the building shook and I went back to normal. She stood there with a confused look on her face.