Coincidence?

What had just happened?

Had he seriously tried to kiss you? Or did you just imagine something? He had definitely been leaning in, that much was undeniable. But maybe he had just been curious?

Your musing was interrupted by the commotion of somebody trying to open the door. You hurried up, half expecting Agust to be standing in front of you, but being greeted by the sight of your roommate that seemed to be too drunk to open the door.
You giggled lightly, pushing the incident with Agust to the back of your mind.

~

When you finished explaining you left the group of visitors to themselves ensuring them that if any questions occurred they could ask you at anytime

When you finished explaining you left the group of visitors to themselves ensuring them that if any questions occurred they could ask you at anytime. While they all headed out to explore the exhibition you were left standing alone.

When you looked up you saw a group of young people entering the main gates of the galery. „Probably a group of university students", you concluded in your mind as you watched them approach. You were actually just responsible for specially booked guided tours but as you saw the group standing around looking quite lost you decided to help them out and walked over to an elderly man that you suspected was the teacher guiding the group. „May I help you?", you asked politely, making the man smile slightly. „Yes, please. We are here to see the..", you had looked at the students again when you suddenly froze. A little bit to the left there was one person standing alone. His hands where buried in the pockets of his jeans and he was looking around with a bored expression on his face. Eventually his gaze found you and when your eyes locked you saw the recognition wash over his face. You snapped out of it when you realized that the teacher that had still been talking to you had ended. Focusing your attention back on him you hurriedly replied: „The main desk is around this corner, that is where you can collect your tickets if you booked them in advance. Excuse me for a moment, please.", you smiled at the slightly confused looking elder while stepping around him and making your way towards the guy that was still staring at you.

„What are you doing here?", you asked as soon as you reached him.

„I wanted to ask you the same question?", his voice echoed through your mind.

„I asked first!", you said, pouting but then continued: „I work here."

„Well I told you I study architecture at university..", he said with a lazy gesture towards the group of students that were following their professor towards the counter you had told him about. „Oh, right...", you recalled him mentioning it during your car drive.

You were standing there for a moment awkwardly until you broke the silence, a smile spreading on your cheeks. „Want me to show you around?", he simply nodded but it seemed to you like his bored expression was enlightened by a spark of interest.

When you had finished guiding the students through the exhibition you were questioning Agust about his opinion.

„It was really friendly of you to give us a tour even though we hadn't booked one", the professor said suddenly showing up beside you. „How do you know Mr. Min? I am very impressed by your... communication skills."

You raised an eyebrow, not getting who or what he was talking about until he gestured towards Agust.

„Oh, Agust.. we are just... acquaintances.", you replied with a shrug.

„Well you seem to get along pretty well.", he said with a wink.

Leaning in he said with a side-glance to Agust: „He is a very intelligent young man, however due to his condition it is sometimes a bit complicated." You didn't quite get what he was refering to until he took a step towards Agust and patted his shoulder. „Very well Mr. Min, I guess I'll be seeing you in class.", he was nearly shouting and you supposed his weird mimic was him trying to pronounce his words very clearly.

Agust flinched when the professor touched him which the elder didn't seem to notice. He just smiled at you, waved and said „Thanks", and then he was off.

„I am mute, not deaf", you heard Agusts' voice growl. You almost broke into laughter as he sounded a bit like an angry child.
You decided to take the coincidence as an opportunity:"We didn't exchange phone numbers the last time we met..", you started awkwardly. "If you hadn't walked in here today we might never would have met again."
"I doubt that.", he replied mysteriously.