Chapter 2

Ravenwing's POV:

Ravenwing trailed after the others. She knew they had taken the right route. They took the Fluffy Route to avoid the dangers, Mothwing had said it was the safest way. The other route was the dangerous one, full of unknown beasts and poison. Yet, this place scared her like never before. Her fur stuck up at all angles and the smell was unbearable. Not to mention how freezing it was, and the weird noise she had heard on the first night away from the Clans. She shivered as the icy wind blew past, ruffling her fur.

Even though she and her littermates were all fluffy cats, they weren't as fluffy as Hawkfrost, their father. Ravenwing brushed her pelt against a silver and white tabby. She padded beside Ivypool, her mother. "Are you sure we're going the right way?" Ivypool only purred, "Of course! We will get to Mount Fluff, Ravenwing." She did not feel the slightest bit comforted, only nodding to show that she'd heard.

She noticed Ivypool giving Brambleclaw a cold glare. It's nothing. Ravenwing shrugged.

Why was it so cold? Wasn't this supposed to be safe? And there was so much mud... she didn't even know how deep it was. It just seemed scary. Something snapped a leaf behind her, Ravenwing whirled around, claws out. Only, there was nothing. The stinky smell was even worse now, she could drown she saw yellow eyes peeking from the mud! Imagine what monsters could hide in there. That made her think of the strange noise she'd heard the previous night, in the cave.

Fluffytail was pressed to her side, his fluffy fur feeling so soft and warm. He looked uncomfortable as well. "This place gives me the creeps." He whispered in her ear. Ravenwing nodded but remained silent.

Suddenly, a yelp up ahead sent her and Fluffytail running. Duskwind was half submerged in a muddy puddle. "I'm stuck!" She wailed, managing to shake one of her front paws free. Ravenwing's sister was making a great effort to climb out. Her paws slipped on the half-frozen mud. Hawkfrost closed his teeth around her scruff and dragged her out, she was coated in mud now, but it froze almost instantly and she was able to shake it off.

By nightfall, the family barely made any progress, their paws sinking in the mud with every step. There was a huge frozen lake visible at the horizon, maybe that was why the ground was so soggy.

"We might find stable shelter in the trees." Brambleclaw, who had been silent pretty much the entire trip, pointed out. He was looking towards the side, not far off from where they were, a couple of trees were sticking out of the muddy plain.

"Yup, good idea." Hawkfrost agreed, he bushed out his fluffy fur, making him so so fluffy Ravenwing wanted to poke him and see if he was soft.

They reached the small bare trees, trying to climb up them since the ground was still pretty wet and slimy in the area. Ravenwing dug her claws in the rough bark, gritting her teeth as she hauled herself up the tree. Her tree wasn't very tall but it was slippery and has some frost on the wood. She finally dragged herself to a thicker branch and sat down, trying to get comfortable. Fluffytail rolled next to her. It didn't look like he had struggled to get up the tree at all. He didn't even look that cold!

Ravenwing sighed, burying her muzzle in her chest fluff. A scary noice boomed in the distance. It sounded slightly like a dog barking but it dragged on way longer. She didn't even realize she was trembling until she felt her brother's fluffy fur next to her pelt. She flattened her ears uncomfortably and managed to drift into a light sleep.