Chapter 2

Her eyes met mine and I could see the fear that seemed to betray her calm manner. 

"What happened?" I asked, my body leaning forward in anticipation. 

"I got in some trouble. " 

I smirked, " You always did need my help." I teased.

"Violent this is serious." 

I dropped my act immediately. 

She continued anyways, " That year I had been gone I was with Sebastian and his family. They helped me get out of that situation," She pauses seeming to remember  something," Anyways I started selling my art and stuff which led me to going out and trying to find commissions. The only problem is I began friends with someone pretty important which I didn't know at the time. Long story short I became friends with a drug lord's son." She paused gauging my reaction.

" I'm sorry what?" My jaw dropped. 

"Yeah... His name is Jacob. He started flirting with me and I liked him, but his dad apparently didn't approve of his son having a relationship. He wanted Jacob to focus on the 'family business'. Luckily Jacob warned me before anything happened and here I am."

"So you think I can help you escape a drug lord's wraith?" 

"Yes?" she asked tentatively. 

"Oh my god. The things I do for you."  I stood up and started to walk away.

"Wait!" She grabbed my arm, "Let's run away."

"You did that apparently and it seemed to have went great." I muttered sarcastically. 

"Yeah yeah I know but your smarter than me. Besides I know your bored with life. Let's go. You've always wanted more than the boring normal lifestyle."

I sighed she was right. Not only that, but there were so many regrets that haunted me in this town. 

I crossed my arms, "Fine. We need money, water, and any food that won't go bad." 

I went to my closet with her trailing behind me and picked up a suitcase shoving it toward Courtney. 

"Get any clothes you want, but make sure they're practical. I'm going to pack some water and food." I walked toward the kitchen mindlessly throwing items into a bag. I couldn't believe this was happening. We had plotted our get away since 8th grade and here we are actually proceeding with it.  I sighed and finally grabbed the money I had stowed away for an emergency just as Courtney came out of my room. 

"Ready?" I asked looking her dead in the eye.

With one nod, I left my entire life behind.