Chapter Six

"I'm dealing with her." he said "Don't worry shell be gone permanently. No...No there's no repercussions. Yes I've made sure, I took all the necessary precautions."

There was a pause then he continued. "Listen I'm telling you it was one night and even if there are looses ends I'll deal with it don't worry."

Shaking Sanem spilled the hot tea on her hands as she walked away.

"Baba don't worry about Aileen, I've got it all sorted, well never see her again. I have to go now I'll see you soon. Take care."

Sanem quickly put her hands under cold water. CeyCey came up to her "Sanem what have you done to your hands ?"

"It's nothing." Her face turning a bright red. However it was not the pain of the burns but what she had heard that was causing her more pain.

"What's happened ?" Can said, as he approached them.

"Can bey Sanem spilled tea..."

"It's nothing." Sanem replied, giving CeyCey an annoyed look.

"Make sure she gets her hands seen to CeyCey."

"I'm fine CeyCey..." Sanem began.

"CeyCey do as I say." Can continued "I don't want to have to take on a complaint of being an incompetent employer."

"Don't worry about that everyone knows I'm the incompetent one." With that, Sanem walked away.

"What was that ?" Can thought to himself then said to CeyCey "Make sure she's seen too." CeyCey nodded.

Sanem sat at her desk, her hands burning, blisters had begun to appear. She had hesitantly gone with CeyCey to have her hands looked at and had not yet applied the cream she had been given. Sanem was trying to make sense of what she had heard. She couldn't get her head round it... too much thinking... she had given herself a headache.

She was deep in thought when Can entered her space. "I need the Jordan file." He said.

She ignored him "look for it." she thought... continuing with what she was doing.

"Huh Hmm...huh hmm" he coughed.

Taking a deep breath and exhaling it she looked up. "That was before I came here. Look in the J binder I'm sure it must be there."

"What.... I asked you to get it I'm your boss, don't forget."

Sanem got up "Just get it for him, the quicker he gets it the quicker he'll be gone." Her inner voice said. She started to reach for the binder. He saw the blisters on her hands, she didn't look bothered or in pain. He reached the binder and his hand brushed hers he saw her flinch in pain.

"Take care of your hands." He said before leaving.

"How could she be so clumsy." he thought "She didn't even seemed to care" he felt the pain in his heart and closed his eyes.

"Sanem what's happened to your hands ?" Layla exclaimed when she saw her at lunch break.

"It's nothing, I just spilled some tea on my hands. Abla you know me always clumsy. I've got some cream for them. Don't worry." Layla continued examining them. "Come on Abla let's get something to eat."

It was the first time in a long time since Sanem had showed any interest in food Layla thought. She closed the topic of her hands and they went to a nearby restaurant.

A few days before at the office, Sanem had been using her mobile. Can had seen her and he had caused a fuss about using phones during working hours. She knew it was just an excuse but she didn't want to cause more friction in the office. So since then she would check her phone, make or return call's during her lunch break.

Sanem noticed a number that had called her a few times in the last few day, she just hadn't got round to returning the call. "Abla I'm just going to make a call."

"Carry on I'll just order for us what would you like."

"I don't mind." The call was ringing and a man answered.

"Hello."

"Yes good afternoon I would like to make an enquiry. I've been called by this number a few times..." Sanem said.

"Ok I've just have to check could you hold on the line please..."

"Everything ok." Layla whispered.

Sanem nodded "Yes I'm still here...yes that's me ok. Ok yes I'll check and call you back. Sorry can I have your name please."

"Yes my name is Burek but you'll be calling Yousef on Monday. He is the editor that called you but he's not in the office today."

"Ok thank you so much." Sanem hung up and looked up at Layla. "Abla you won't believe it." Just seeing the spark return to her sister eyes was enough for Layla.

Sanem grabbed her sister's hands in her own forgetting all about her hands. "The publishing office has sent me a letter about my novel."

"That's great news Sanem." Layla stood up and hugged her sister. "This is just what she needs." Layla thought slightly praying that this would be the new beginning her sister desperately needed after the last few weeks.

"Come on now let's eat." Layla said "lunch break is nearly over." Again she watched as Sanem just moved the food around the plate hardly eating any of it.

The rest of the day passed by and soon they were on their way home. When Sanem reached home she asked her mother if there were any letters for her.

"Love I've told you a few times the letter came when you were away I've put it with the others."

Sanem found it and went to her room. Quickly she opened it and read.....

Dear Miss Aydin

We are pleased to inform you that the work that you have sent to our office has been accepted to be edited and published by our company. We need to get in touch with you to discuss this matter and to talk about the process that has to be taken. You will receive a call from one of our agents who will discuss this matter with you in finer details. We look forward to working with you.

Kind regards.

The Publishing officer.

Sanem closed her eyes shaking her head from side to side she covered her face with the letter inhaling its scent as if she was getting energised by it. How fate sometimes worked she thought. This was her chance to start anew. She'd lost Can for good she knew that.

There was no point pushing for it, how many times had she been humiliated, she'd lost count. She still loved him she always would but she had realised he would never forgive her, he shown this over and over again in the last few weeks. Now she had to make some decisions, decisions that would pave her future, a future without Can.

(Please dont forget to vote...Even the silent readers...Many thanks👍👍⚘⚘💖💖.)