Crush

Before everything happened...

“What’s your name?” Nie Mingjue asked as he looked at the lanky young man before him. He might be only a few years younger than him, but the young man looked younger than his real age.

“M-Meng Yao.” The young man answered as he lowered his head.

Nie Mingjue nodded and turned to the others who signed up for the war against the Wen sect. Meng Yao walked away and joined the first group. He looked at Nie Mingjue as he sat on the grass, separated feet away from the group.

“Sect leader Nie is really amazing.”

“Yes, yes.”

“But he looks scary.”

“Oh. You said that right.”

“He’s also hot tempered, too.”

He just listened to them speaking about the said sect leader. Nie Mingjue… he thought as he watched Nie Mingjue work. What’s scary about him? His big build? He’s not scary, but ‘masculine’. Manly. The man among men. He thought as his gaze traced the muscles hugged by the green pieces of cloths (the QingheNie sect uniform).

Hot tempered? He thought as he watched Nie Mingjue yelled at his people. That’s because this mission is critical. He dislikes incompetents. He thought and looked at Nie Mingjue sighed as he gave them disappointed look.

Meng Yao gulped and his heart started to beat fast, nervous and excited. He’s nervous about Nie Mingjue grouping him with the incompetents. But, he’s also excited to prove his self to the man.

Nie Mingjue… he thought and smiled. I’ll prove myself I am worthy.

Nie Mingjue turned when he felt somebody’s looking at him. But, when he turned he didn’t see anything. His forehead knotted. Did I imagine things? He thought, then shook his head. His eyes caught sight of Meng Yao. That young man… he thought. As if feeling his gaze, the young man raised his head.

Their eyes locked and went wide, surprised. The young man immediately looked away, his face red of embarrassment. Subconsciously, a smile crossed Nie Mingjue’s lips, but immediately disappeared as he turned to his people, never gave them a chance to see their leader smiled.

But, to that young man who’s closely watching, that abrupt smile didn’t escape his sight. Is this… he thought, feeling his heart beat fast.

After that, everything happened