Chapter 2

Jaycee’s POV:

I had been standing there, awkwardly, for already 15 minutes.

The whole time it was Harry telling his mom and Vicky everything about tour and his flat back in London.

I felt extremely out of place, and every time Harry would look at me I would blush and look away. Thus, causing Vicky to snicker at me.

I swear Anne and Vicky were more like teenage girls than moms.

Once their conversation had died down for a bit, I took this as my chance to escape.

“Erm... Anne. I haven’t finished taking care of all the animals yet. I came in to use the loo and I ran into Harry. So, if I could be excused…”

She turned and looked at me with a fake pout.

“But Jaycee! I needed you to help me cook! Gems won’t be here for a while and you cook one of the BEST fruit tarts.”

I grinned and mentally punched the air. That I do, and I’m proud of my culinary skills.

“I’ll try to finish quickly,” I said giving her another soft grin.

Honestly though, I was going to try to take as slow as possible. Maybe even get hurt so I could bail out of the dinner later. Even though I love Anne’s food. I don’t exactly trust myself with Harry. Plus, I don’t do well in awkward situations.

“OH! I have a splendid idea! Harry why don’t you help Jaycee!!”

I turned and glared at Vicky trying to hide it from Anne and Harry.

I just wanted to shout, “ARE YOU CRAZY WOMEN!!!!” But kept my cool.

“Oh no, he really doesn’t have too. I do this every day so it’s no big deal,” I said sporting a fake smile on my face hoping they would buy it.

“I think that’s a great idea! Jaycee you always work too hard! Harry wouldn’t mind would he?”

I didn’t give him a chance to answer.

“Oh! No, it’s fine! Honestly! I doubt Harry would even want to! I mean he just got home and all, plus he wouldn’t want to get his clothes dirty and –“

I was cut off by a voice that gave my butterflies.

“I don’t mind. I like helping out. So, I’ll go put my stuff up and then meet you outside, okay?”

I grinned, trying to keep my knees from giving, and just nodded.

He gave me a big smile that I tried not to melt at the sight off, before he grabbed his bags and walked upstairs to his room.

“Good! Then it’s settled! I’ll start cooking! And don’t be afraid to boss Harry around, Jaycee!” Anne chuckled while heading towards the kitchen.

I grinned and nodded.

“Well this will be interesting…”

I looked at Vicky and raised an eyebrow.

“Oh, sweetie. It’s quite obvious you fancy him.”

My eyes got to the size of tennis balls and I had to hide my blush.

“Erm...No, I don’t,” I lied poorly.

Vicky chuckled and came to give me a hug.

“Don’t worry, Jaycee. If he knows what’s good for him, then he should snatch you right up. You two would be adorable together.”

I flushed to an even darker red and pulled out of her arms just as Harry came down stairs.

I noticed he changed and was now in a pair of not skinny jeans and had a on a Jack Wills jumper.