Mission to find Del

The annoying shrill high pitch sound of the bell woke me up. The bell dismissed us to go to lunch. I was happy that I was out of that boring class. The bell rang a second time, annoyed by it I slowly got up and looked at my surroundings.

    Everyone was packing their binder's. Some torn, fixed with tape I might add. But hey, it was the middle of the year, who could blame them? I felt a cool breeze pass by me, I turned to see some classmates rushing out of the classroom, some stayed behind and gossiped about what happened not so long ago. I started stretching my tired arms, I wonder if Del is in trouble. I look around again. I take a deep breath and yawn.

      After stretching like twenty times, I look around and almost everyone left the dull classroom, well I mean except the teacher and the dumb asses that got in trouble during class. If I take to long then the cranky teacher will give me a weird lesson then she'll go on and on and-.I got annoyed by that thought I  got up and gathered my stuff. There's no way in heaven or hell that I want another one of those lousy speeches. I get my stuff but I'm feeling drowsy and cranky. Dude I swear if anyone is looking at me they'll think I'm a sloth. I got up, and started laughing at myself. Then then the old school bell rang a third time. Annoyed by this I shot up of the school's old plastic seat. It made a loud screeching noise that hurt my ears as I pushed my seat back. I winced at the noise, It startled everyone in the room. The group surrounded by the teachers desk all turned to me and gave me the what-the-hell-was-that-for look. I started rubbing my ears cause that to me is like nails on a chalkboard and apparently them. Now I'm awake.

     As I walk through the hallways I notice people walking and playing with their friends, some just acting like morons, and some just...plain....never mind ill stop now. I got to my locker and did my combination. I opened my locker and I see the pictures I put in there. I have a picture of Simon with the word "idiot" written on his forehead with blue sharpie, and a picture of Del and me hugging each other and grinning like little kids. My locker is neat enough as you can say. I positioned my books in the top shelf, straightened the pictures that I had and locked it back up. It was pretty boring without Delilah rushing me, and telling me to stop taking my sweet time. I sighed and started walking towards the musty office.

    I started thinking of what Sam and James are going to do when they find out that Del is in trouble. I started laughing thinking about them. Olawd they were funny. Their reactions would be hilarious. Before I knew it I was by the office that I have often been to. I am not playing I have gotten in trouble a lot and I'm still not expelled. Pfft. Maybe it's luck.

     I grabbed the old handle and shoved open the heavy wooden door open. It made a loud creak. All you could hear was the office phones ringing and the substitute secretary typing/bashing on the keyboard. I walked up to her desk, which made the floor boards underneath me creak. I stood on the end of her desk until her blue eyes beamed at me.She looked up from her piled up work with an annoyed expression. She had light blond hair. My guess was that she was twenty something, but that's not important at the moment.

    "What do you want?" she said. You can hear the rudeness in her voice. She looked at me up and down, like she was inspecting something and rolled her eyes, she let out an angry sigh and went back to work. What the hell just happened? Ooh hell naw she did not just do that. I held in my anger cause I promised Delilah I wouldn't get in trouble , anymore, and I didn't wanna stay in this office with her either way. I let out an impatient sigh.

     I smiled- ignoring the fact that she was cranky as shit- and asked her  " Was Delilah Rowe here a second ago?" I waited impatiently for like a minute until she looked back up at me and said with an annoyed/angry look " She left a few minutes ago". "Okay thanks" I said smiling and leaving the messed up crusty office, and that bitchy secretary.