monkey buisness (1)

You opened your eyes to see that your in a hall of red. Everything to the lights and paint on the walls is the color of pure blood red, the long corridor is empty but a opened doorway at the very end. Inside is dark but at the bottom of the door frame a red light is comming out of it.
You walked down it in complete silence then go straight through the door frame.

The darkness clears and you are now standing in a foyer of a hotel, it looks like any regular hotel. Fancy ish, clean, etc etc.
The only thing is that no one was there, there was a bell at the desk that says "ring for service" on a sign by it, so for the hell of it you ringed the bell a few times and a cardboard cutout of a monkey in a uniform pops up out of nowhere which startled you and made you flinch back and made a noise that resembles a squeak.

You then chuckled at yourself noticing it wasn't anything bad and then wander down a hall where another cardboard cutout stands, it falls over when you got close enough and once again you jumped back.

Man. What the lady was talking about earlier made you pretty jumpy.
You carefully picked up the cardboard cutout and put it back where it once stood then continued down to another corridor filled with elevators.

All are closed and the buttons arent working like they are all currently being used, the final one that was at the very end of the corridor was open but there was a strange figure standing in it. When you got closer it jumped and made a squeal before the doors shuts, you somehow didnt even move like you where frozen in fright.
The elevator that the figure was in dinged and the doors opened, you walked inside since there was no other place to go. The womans voice rang in your head "going up?" She said, The doors close and you automatically went somewhere without you pushing any of the buttons.

Standing there in silence while elevator music plays in the background you get consumed in your own thoughts for that short time, thaughts of what the woman had told you and tried to remember what happened before you woke up in that dark void.

Those thoughts didnt last long as the music stops and the oh so familiar ding of the elevator as it goes to a complete stop and the doors open, stepping out you face a statue that is the exact same as the ballroom. The womans voice rings in your head once more.

"Now listen closely...see those floating bits of Crystal?"

You looked past the statue to see a small boarded up hallway with floating purple crystals going down it.

"They are soul shards, fragments of human spirit scattered throughout the halls of this little maze.
Each crystal is a remnant of one who has met their end here...
Gather them all, and the 1st ring piece will be yours"

You suddenly feel a sense of dread

"One more thing, you're not alone. There are monsters in here, and they are looking for you"

Theres the bad knews you where waiting for, you felt something appear in your hand, felt like a phone. Holding it up you see a maze with purple dots lining the halls.

"You'll need this, it can detect each shards location. It was left by the last...guest that disappointed me here.

A very clever girl, just not a very fast runner."

So you might possibly die and be trapped here for all eternity as a Crystal...great...

"Enough instruction. Break those boards and lets get this party started!"
The woman finished with glee.

"Is it to late to back out now?" You think to yourself "probably" with a sigh you walked up to the set of boards and easily pulled them off the wall as the nails weren't really all the way through the wood and the wood was really old.

Time to start collecting.