une

tuesday night. his friend sam. tanned hands passing him a packet. opening the packet. consuming the packet. running into the middle of the road. screeching. then pain. flashing lights everywhere. too many noises. this isn't fun anymore. black. distant beeping. growing louder. it's getting lighter. why is it getting lighter? what's that noise? what's happening? what...

______________________

a man with curly hair and dark, smudgy eyes wakes up, gasping for air, visibly panicked. he sits up frantically, eyes darting in all corners of the room. glancing down at his arms and torso, he lets out a sigh of relief. this place and position is all too familiar to him. only this time he seems to have acquired some colourful bruises.

just as he frowns in confusion, footsteps are heard as another human enters the room.

"hey klaus, how are you feeling?"

a deep, smooth voice causes the dark haired man's head to shoot up, staring down the stranger. he smirked.

"great! i feel great. never felt better, actually" klaus responds as he stretches his arms - rather cautiously, as not to rip out the various tubes inserted into him.

"well that's good to hear." the other man replies, noting something on his clipboard.

"hey," klaus started, almost hesitating. "where exactly did i get these beautiful blue marks on my legs from?"

the man chuckled. "klaus, you were hit by a car last night. thankfully you weren't injured too bad - it was only a little old lady in a volkswagen. she was pretty shaken from it though. she told me to pass on her apologies and love, by the way."

as the man spoke, klaus couldn't help but let his eyes wander. he noted that the man had the most interesting cyan eyes, ones that accidentally sparkle at every angle. his cheekbones were carefully chiseled along with his jaw, of which there was light stubble present. his nose was like a cute little button, while his hair was a dark chocolate colour and slicked back with a handful of gel that caused it to look a little too shiny. it looked nice though, better than klaus' unwashed, ever-greasy mop.

"aw man." klaus slapped his leg lightly. "too bad she didn't hit me harder, these bruises really bring out my eyes, don't ya think?"

the man who klaus assumed to be a doctor shook his head as he sniggered. he stayed put and stared at klaus for a second, subconsciously analysing every detail of his beautiful face. he then broke out of it, and turned to exit the room.

"would you like anything to drink?"

"uh, a coffee would be nice. thanks."

the man nodded and set one foot outside the door.

"wait a second-" klaus called. the man hesitated, turning his head towards the patient. "what can i call you?"

the brown haired man smiled. "dave." he responded, finally leaving klaus' room in a quest to fetch coffee.

so his name was dave.