Chapter 1: That fateful day

Lapis p.o.v

I remember the morning clearly when I had received that letter by owl, the letter that seemed to have changed my life since I had opened it those few days ago. An Eagle owl who looked smaller, probably a male from what I've read from the many animal books papa had gotten me since I was fascinated about any animal, and looked deceptively frightening had arrived with a very crucial looking letter in its beak. As I held the letter in my hands I looked at who the letter was addressed to. It had read "Lapis Moreton, 55 Kingsway North", I had called over papa so I could share what the contents of the letter held. As soon as we had opened it and read the letter I could tell that he knew exactly what the letter was for when his expression had changed from casual to serious but excited.

Fast forward to now, I stood with Papa at the Kings Cross train station after we had gone through all the shops in Diagon Alley. There were so many shops and restaurants, my favorite being "Weasley's Wizard Wheezes", that I didn't want to leave the place however we had to make it to the train station before the train departed. Papa had helped me push the trolley which held my bags for school and my new friend and wonderful Sooty owl named Astrid. She was a lovable and sweet bird even though Sooty owls are known for being great predators and territorial with others. As is stood at the platform between 9 and 10 I looked back at Papa who had a smile and a thumbs up while I gave him a worried and confused look before I saw other kids running into it and seeming to have disappeared within. I stood shocked for a moment before I began to fantasize about the school from the stories I was told as a child. It sounded like a wonderful place since papa said he had a lot of fond memories there and its where he had met Aunty Paige and Uncle Noah so I'm sure ill feel the same and meet some new people too, but first I needed to take the few steps forward.

As I faced the wall I took a deep breath papa began to encourage me "You can do it, sweetheart, just do what I had told you before. Take a running start". I looked at papa with an awkward smile before I began to take a running start. As I ran into the wall I could faintly hear papa's last words, "Have a wonderful time sweetheart, me and mom will be thinking of you" before he was gone and I was face to face with a crowd of other children some who were already boarding the giant bright red train which loomed over everyone. As the beast was waiting for the passengers to fill up its giant frame. While I was busy looking over the giant machine I hadn't paid that I was soon beginning to lean.  It wasn't long before I had fallen to the ground as my trolley was rolling away, out of my grasp. I had gotten up to catch it but as soon as I had taken a few steps I heard a crash as items from the trolley in front of it came into contact with the floor. ~Oh no....this can't be good. I hope Astrid is alright along with whoever owns what I hit!~. As I ran up to see the damage I had soon met the back of someone who was much taller than me and once again I hit the ground.

I looked up from my seat on the ground, laughter circulating around us from some of the passing kids ready to board, and I noticed a boy who seemed to be around my age or maybe a year older than me. He wore a clean dress shirt, pants, and some shiny shoes, the kind you would see a kid wear at an important event. As stated before he seemed quite tall for a kid around my age, he had shoulder length somewhat messy but still well kept black hair, and when he turned to face me, dark brown almost black eyes which all seemed in contrast with his pale skin stared straight at me and the look on his face was anything but pleasant and I'm sure I couldn't blame him.

Alan pov

I looked down at the girl that had run into me as an annoyed expression crossed my face. From what I had observed she seemed to be a first year by the look of fear and excitement in her blue eyes. I sighed as the annoyance had soon faded and held out my hand to her, helping her back to her feet. "Are you alright miss?" I asked a little concerned that she was hurt. "Y-yes I'm ok," she said a little nervously, obviously a bit uneasy about my character like most people. " I'm Alan Snape and you are?" I said as I took another good look at the girl before me whose round freckled face was turned a deep red. She looked down at her feet, some of her hair which was a sky blue hue hung in her face. No doubt she is still a little embarrassed at the sounds of the other kids laughing at the scene that took place before. "I'm Lapis, Lapis Moreton" she had managed to say as she messed with the zipper ends of her jacket which covered her plaid dress and black leggings, and she rocked back and forth in her scuffed up sneakers. 

After looking her over and making sure she wasn't completely injured, only suffering a few scrapes, I looked down at the bags and items that fell from the trolleys. "I am so sorry! I hope I didn't break anything of yours!" She almost yelled as she went to pick up the things before I had gone to help her. "It's quite alright, no harm done. Everyone makes a mistake every now and then" I sigh as I think back to all the mess my sister Mira has made before I remembered, she was the one I was looking for, that's why I wasn't paying attention and didn't stop the trolley. I instantly got up which seemed to have startled Lapis as I looked around for Mira only to not find her anywhere. It wasn't long before I had started to grab my things, annoyed that I have to yet again find her. "I'm sorry but I must excuse myself. I have someone to search for" I nod at Lapis before I hear my name being called by a familiar voice in the distance. "Oh, that's alright. Maybe we'll run into each other again at some point?" she had asked me, seeming hopeful that she may have made a friend despite the meeting. I couldn't help that hopeful look in her eyes as I have grown used to that look elsewhere but I gave a small chuckle a nod of approval as she was notified that she had just made her first friend new at Hogwarts.

As I was walking to where Mira was calling for me I couldn't help but look back at the soft-spoken girl I had bumped into. She had managed to pile her things back on her trolley and was now pushing it towards the train with the others. I don't know why she stuck in my mind, I guess cause she was one to not quickly run away from me like others. As I looked back I hadn't paid attention and ran smack into a wall as laughter came soon after. I managed to keep my trolley from shaking, only to look at my female reflection as the source of the laughter. A smile on her green painted lips as she pats me on the shoulder. "Hey, there brother bear. You ready to go? I made sure to keep a spot for us on the train. I have my stuff there so let's go" she said as she grabbed my arm and started tugging my arm. I chuckled at her childlike nature as I know she'll fit in well with the other first years like Lapis. "Yeah, I'm ready. Show me where the seats are." and with that, I push my things towards the train as it gets ready to depart.