Dark Set

He leaned close to her, his warm breath fanning over her cheek and whispered, "I haven't forgotten about the apple." She swallowed hard. He leaned back and with a quick wink, smiled softly at her. She found herself captivated by his gaze unable to look away, and unable to stop the small smile from curving her lips in response.

 She found herself captivated by his gaze unable to look away, and unable to stop the small smile from curving her lips in response

"And cut! Great job, people. That's lunch! Be back by two!" The director shouted. Elcin let out the breath she'd been holding and tried desperately to get a grip on herself as she quickly took a step back. Baris nodded briefly and turned on his heel, striding out off set.

"It's just acting. It's not real." She whispered to herself, forcing herself to stand. She glanced behind surreptitiously through the doorway Baris had disappeared through but forced herself to look away. She smiled at the crew scrambling around and waved off the invitations to lunch. She needed to get herself together and she needed to be alone to do it. As the set emptied, she grabbed a bottle of water from the cart, and moved quietly from the office set to the set for Omer's house. She moved through the dark house and out into the garden.

She walked to the edge of the concrete patio and stared out at the grass. Her eyes closed as the memory of Baris leaning over her, whispering in her ear replayed in her mind.

Baris sat in a chair under the shade of a tree and watched as Elcin stepped into the backyard. She walked to the edge of the patio and seemed to stare into nothingness. His entire body seemed to go on alert in her presence, like it always did. Her perfume traveled through the air and he inhaled deeply, its delicate, sexy scent washing over him. He couldn't stop his eyes from doing a leisurely exploration of her body from head to toe. She still wore the tight, white dress she'd worn in their scene, but she'd pulled her hair out of its ponytail. It hung loose around her shoulders in thick waves. She was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen. More so, she was even more beautiful on the inside. And that was a problem.

He stood, intending to slip away unnoticed but instead he found himself drawn to her like a magnet and before he knew it, he was standing a few steps behind her. He tried to think of something casual to say, but she moved, startling him into silence.

Elcin reached up and lifted her thick, heavy tresses off her neck, and leaned her head to the side. Baris found himself staring transfixed as she slowly pressed the cold-water bottle to the side of her neck, slowly dragging it down her neck and towards her collarbone.

Olmaz, Baris thought with a groan. He couldn't handle another second of this. He stepped forward.

"Ahem."

Elcin spun around with a squeak, dropping the water bottle and almost stumbling off the patio and into the grass in surprise.

"Kahretsin!" She muttered as she toppled over. Baris reached out and steadied her with two hands on her waist and her hands flew to cover his automatically. Their eyes met and for a moment they simply stared at each other. Sparks flew between them as the tension thickened.