Posi+ive: Alternative Ending

this is an alternative ending to Posi+ive by wendystreets and you probably should read that first... I hope this is okay, I was really impressed with the original fic and so i hope this doesnt disappoint.

=

If any story ends with an unhappy ending, it's probably not over yet. It's probably just stuck in a tough rut that's hard to get out of.

For Asia and Calum, Daisy's birth was a happy place to start a new story.

A love story.

Maybe Daisy didn't grow up with parents with parents who were madly in love with each other, but they were be madly in love with her, and what more could a little girl want? (Besides the puppy she always saw in the pet store that everyone refused to get poor Daisy).

Daisy grew up to be a writer, and her best-seller focused on her parents' story. She spent the first few years of her life traveling around with the band and her mother, who took on the role of the tour cook (a larger and harder task than anyone mentioned to Asia before she agreed to it). They settled down in New York, because that's where Mindy and Jeff (and their three bratty children) lived, and the place Asia had met Calum.

Daisy never really cared that her parents weren't in love, she simply just kept on keeping on (that's what Uncle Luke said to do).

The day Daisy was born is still Calum's favorite day ever, because holy shit he made a human. A beautiful, fully functioning little baby girl who from that moment consumed his every waking (and most sleeping) thoughts. She grew up to remain the most important girl in his life, and even if he slept with random women, he always came back to Daisy and was probably the best father--I am biased--to her.

The day Daisy took her first steps is still Asia's favorite day, because the smile that split upon her daughter's face is forever etched in her memory. Daisy walked the three steps from Mommy to Daddy with a grin, and Asia can't shake the overwhelming feeling of love and happiness. Asia said Daisy brought joy to her life without even trying. Asia passed away when Daisy was 17-years-old, but Calum and all of his friends (the grand total of 3 of them) came together to be a family with her. The Hemmings' host Daisy every Thanksgiving, The Irwin's get her every Christmas, and The Clifford's take her on family vacation every summer. Daisy misses her mom, but she knows Calum misses her more. He raised a child with a girl he somewhere along the way fell in love with again.

The day Daisy said her first words is still Mindy's favorite day, not because Daisy said her name, or anything of importance really, but because Mindy had been secretly teaching baby Daisy words like 'boobs' and 'boys' and simply things babies shouldn't say (yes, I can confirm baby Daisy said boobies as her first word in a crowded venue just outside of Dallas; not Asia's or Calum's proudest moment). Ask Mindy head on, and she will never admit to being the cause, but many a times, I have caught poor Mindy in a drunken state and she's told me the many times she encouraged baby Daisy into saying a few choice words.

The day Daisy punched her first victim is still Jeff's proudest day. For years, Daisy was bullied for being The Calum Hood's daughter, and Uncle Jeff always used to say 'toughen up, little one, ain't nobody around to protect you but yourself.' And so, in a not so proud-parenting moment for the Hood-Mills, a seven-year-old Daisy nearly broke little Jimmy's nose on the playground at school on one November day. Sure, Daisy was expelled and her parents were very, very disappointed in her, but Uncle Jeff was beyond proud (he may have boughten her an ice cream cone, but that will be our little secret).

The day Daisy played her first intrument is still Ashton's favorite day, simply because he was the one who had boughten it. Sure, Calum and Asia had bought little Daisy plenty of small instruments, but she simply wasn't interested until her ninth birthday when Uncle Ashton set down a sparkly pink new drumset. Little Daisy's eyes lit up like the sun in the sky as she sat down on the stool. Tap. Tap. Bang. Bang. Asia and Calum never forgave Ashton for bringing so much noise into their home, but they can't say Daisy isn't good. She's a great drummer.

The day Daisy came to Australia for the first time is a few people's favorite day. Poppa Hood, Granny Hood, Mali Hood and Uncle Luke.

Meeting their first granddaughter for the first time is still the best moment the Hood's can remember, meeting their smiling two-year-old (imagine going two years without meeting her) granddaughter who was the happiest and cutest thing they had ever seen. Mali remembers the day clearly, watching the little girl run in front of her parents, who were racing to keep up with her. In a mad dash, Daisy had attempted sprint away from her overbearing (she was two, of course they were) parents, but Mali was there to save the day. She swooped up the wiggling little girl, kissing her face. It scared Daisy, but relief spread through her terrified parents. Luke remembers the day well. He pulled the small two-year-old around Sydney, ignoring her parents' pleas to let them take her home (she was tired). Uncle Luke showed her how to be Australian, because she two years in America was simply too long. He showed her the good restaurants and fed her vegemite (she didn't like it then, but Luke gave it to her every chance he got and I suppose she doesn't absolutely hate it now).

The day Daisy graduated high school is Michael's favorite day, simply because her father never did it and nor had Michael. It was a proud Uncle moment, watching his first (and at that point only, baby Ellie Hemmings was an undetermined gender) neice walk across the tacky high school stage and get a diploma. He says it was the diploma that made him proud, but everyone is half-convinced it was when Daisy threw up the 'rock on' symbol that Uncle Michael became the proudest.

And my favorite day? I have a lot of close seconds (like the time Daisy fell in love, or the day Daisy broke two-thousand dollars worth of music equipment at one of Calum's performances with the band) but by far my favorite day is the day my parents told me the story of Daisy Hood. I was ten-years-old when they sat me down and told me that even if they weren't in love with each other, they were in love with what they had made.

The day Calum and Asia told me of my story is my favorite day because I am positive that against all odds, my parents raised a perfectly great human being and really really rocked at it. (I am just hoping this is going to be a best-seller).

=

so i accidentally woke up at 4am and wrote this?? oh well, i hope that you (mainly you wendy) enjoy this alternative ending to posi+ive because i really liked writing it... its like a little bit short but also daisy is narrator? not sure how that works but roll with it.