#3

It was drizzling rain. The black haired man felt the rain droplets fall onto his grey suit. He was an attorney, as he have been busy throughout his life outside of his mansion. He looked up at the sky and sighed. "Why now? I've an meeting with my client at this hour." he started running in a rain. He held his leather briefcase on top of his head so he didn't drench much.

He stopped when he pass by a grey haired man with a black suit. He was holding up a transparent umbrella, shielding him slightly from the rain. The man looked at the raindrops and smiled. "The sound of the raindrops soothes a soul." He whispered, causing the black haired man looked at him silently.

"Excuse me, Mr. Can I..." He paused when he saw the grey haired man's eyes. It was golden in color, as if a cat eyes. He felt awe at the sight of the man's eyes. "I presume you are Bernard, am I right?" The black haired man moved a few steps backward, as he felt slightly stun due to the man with umbrella's sudden question. "How did yo--"

"Wanting this umbrella for shelter from the rain? I don't feel like giving it to you." He cut Bernard's line and smiled. "I feel that you have an unfinish business with a person, a person which longing to meet you again." The man looked into Bernard's blue eyes. "What did you mean? I'm late for my meeting and you, for who knows who you are, talking to me like..."

He froze at his spot when the grey haired man held out a pink, string bracelet. "You drop this when running pass by me. Do take good care of it." He put it on Bernard's hand and patted it lightly. "Drench yourself a bit, you need to feel some nature sometimes." The man said and walked away.

Bernard felt slightly pissed off and tried his best to cold down. "This bracelet... it's Amelia's. Did he know her?" He muttered and his legs subconsciously followed the man in front of him. His phone rang and he quickly pick it up. It was his client. He quickly apologize and said that he have to postpone the meeting to another day.

***

"My, Lord. I lost him." Bernard mumbled under his breath and looked around. He was on a bridge which some lamp posts stood in a row there. He looked at the river, which reflected his face. "Unfinish business, this bracelet... How will I know where her whereabout?" He asked towards his reflection and covered his face. He looked at the sky and sighed.

He recalled the first time he met Amelia. The first time a commoner ever talked to him. The first time watching movie with a person he felt attached immediately. He felt aching inside when she had been forced out by a worker. He felt helpless that time and from that day onwards, he was determined to become an attorney.

He fumbled the wet, pink string bracelet and stared at it. "I wish to meet you again, as I feel my heart slightly empty without yo--"

"Excuse me?" A woman's voice came from behind him. He turned to look at the source. He saw a long, brown haired woman with a worn out dress under a long, brown coat. She held an empty basket, which Bernard assumed that she was going to go to grocery store. Her green eyes locked into his, as Bernard instantly feel that he have seen those pair of eyes before.

"You--" both of them paused when they said the same word. Amelia chuckled and looked at him. "Those bracelet you hold, is it belong to someone?" She asked slowly, trying not to point out immediately that it was hers. "Have a look yourself." Bernard gave it to her. She stared at it, didn't care that it was wet in her hands.

"I-It's mine! I finally found it. Thank god. For all these years..." she looked at him and smiled. "Thank you so much. I really love this bracelet. My brother make it for me. I've search it for years, especially at the mall." She said quickly, causing him to chuckle.

Amelia dumbstruck at Bernard's sudden reaction. "You haven't change at all, Amelia." He said slowly and moved closer towards her. "M-Mr?" She startled when he slowly held her hand. "It's me, the boy who sat with you in the movie theater a few years back." He said clearly while locking his eyes into hers.

Amelia gasped and covered her mouth. She could not believe she finally met him. Of all those years had pass and she felt as if she might forget the most memorable memory of her life, which was meeting him. He held her hand tightly and smiled. He apologized for his rude behavior to her when he first met her and blurt out unexpected lines,

"I adore you from the first time I lay my eyes on you. Your energetic voice, cheerful nature. I wish that you can be mine." Amelia eyes wide open when heard what he said. She looked at him silently, as if speechless at his proposal. "I want to help you out. Anything that you need, I'll try my best to grant it." He added.

She grinned and shook his hand which held hers. "I admit it. I like you when you give me the cold shoulder. You are from a rich family after all. But, is it alright if I became apart of your family? I'm... not from a wealthy family in the first place."

"I don't care. I'm the only member in my mansion, surrounded by butlers and maids... as my parents have pass away." He paused and looked at the sky. She gripped his hand tightly and closed her eyes. She cried, as she slowly told him about her brother's condition and he immediately agreed to help her out.