Prologue : Draco's Deal

Drip, Drip, Drip,

Draco's eyes danced under his lids as he dreamed.

Flashes of red and green. Screams. Rubble. Blood.

Drip Drip Drip

Bodies, bodies everywhere. Piling higher and higher until he couldn't step over them anymore. He was swimming, swimming through the dead.

Drip, Drip, Drip

A white pale face laughing as the bodies rose higher. More flashes. More red, more green. Where was it coming from?

Drip, Drip, Drip

More bodies. More flashes. He looks down at his hand, blood soaked and grasping his wand, Red and Green Dancing from its tip.

Drip, Drip, Drip

He stares at unknown faces as he strikes them down. He tries not to, but the words fall from his mouth like a man speaking to a lover. Soft, meaningful, powerful.

Drip, Drip, Drip,

The dead rise up and surround him, he begins to fall through them, entangled in a mass of hair and limbs. Still, he can't stop himself. More screams, more blood, more bodies.

Drip, Drip, Drip

The bodies become people he knows, his classmates, his teachers. Suddenly he's screaming as the white face appears before him.

"You have done well Draco..."

Drip, Drip, Drip.

Draco opens his eyes and stares at the ceiling. He could feel the bags under his eyes as he blinked away the rest of his dream. He could still see red and green from the corner of his eyes.

Drip Drip Drip

All he could hear was that relentless fucking dripping. For the past few years it had disturbed his sleep, drove into his every thought and right through into his soul. he was sure it was part of his own personal torture.

Bored of looking at the stone ceiling Draco sat up on the end of his cot and stared out of the tiny window. It was raining again, like always in this godforsaken island. There was nothing to see through the mist, and the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks from all directions reminded him how utterly isolated he was. He guessed from the dark gray sky that it was early morning, though it was hard to tell.

Drip, Drip, Drip

He was lucky though. In the low security block he knew he had it better than most. He tried to be grateful, trying not to imagine the shithole his father was having to endure daily - Not that the prick didn't deserve it. He rubbed his eyes, stood up and stretched. Quickly the small hairs on the back of his neck stood up. Suddenly the room became cold and he was staring at the cloud of his breath in front of him.

Dementors.

Drip, Drip, Drip

Draco shook. Dementors rarely came to his row. Usually only for one reason... What poor bastard had they finally had enough of? Who had been causing more trouble then they were worth? Someone on Draco's row was nearly certainly lined up for the Dementors kiss.

Draco held is breath as footsteps echod in the corridor outside.

Probably that old sod on the end who's always biting people, he thought.

Drip, Drip, Drip

The air got colder, and the footsteps got louder, slowed and stopped. Right outside his door. Draco froze to the floor. His nail bit into his palms and his heartbeat out thudded the constant drip in his cell. Although he had always feared this moment, somewhere deep inside him he thought they might have forgiven him. He had been no trouble since the war, and afterall, he had been nothing more then a child. But here it was, dementors outside his door. Death was finally knocking, and somehow Draco was somehow slightly relieved.

The door swung open, and Draco squinted into the bright blue light of patronous. The giant cat purred and strutted through into Draco's cell. As soon as it's light touched him he breathed deep, and every muscle in his body relaxed, though he didn't know he had been tensing them. Two black shapes billowed into the room, ducking under the low ceiling. Their capes floating into the air, engulfing all of the space not touched by the patronuses glow. Between them, a dark skinned man dressed in a cloak of iridescent purple stepped forward.

'Mister Malfoy,' Kingsley Shacklbolt said curtly.

'Minister...' said Draco, gently nodding his head.

'Do you fancy making a deal Mister Malfoy...' Kinglsey's eyes ate into Draco's. his mouth a straight line, unreadable.

Draco stared at him for a minute, but he couldn't work him out. Something seemed off but he couldn't put his finger on it. Still, something itched inside him. Must be bad is he's coming here, he thought. A tiny tiny smirk appeared on his lips, and his grey eyes lit up.

'What is it you have in mind Minister?'

** HEY EVERYONE, THIS IS JUST A LITTLE FUN THAT I'M HAVING TO KEEP MYSELF SANE WHILE I'M AT HOME LOOKING AFTER MY LITTLE GIRL. I LOVE STORIES AND I'D LOVE ANY FEEDBACK. ALSO, I PROMISE THE CHAPTERS WILL GET LONGER ONCE WE GET INTO IT. MUCH LOVE!!**