The last week [Emanuel]

''Damn its hot." I step off my bus giving the most relieved sigh that im only in this hell of a high school for 5 more days. I walked to the center of the school, were the center of attraction was,from people who wanted to be lawyers to people who want to be bloods were there. Even the the ragtag group of freshman the close thing I could consider real friends. The one sitting on the stairs with one headphone in swing the othere one   was Marque's. Hes about 5'7 and has fairly light skin. The guy trying to get Marques attention was Luis he was 5'5 and no one knows exactly why we hung out with him. "Emanuel tell Marques that if he has his headphones in when someone's talking its rude!" Shouted Luis. "Luis you must have me mixed up with someone who actually cares." I quickly retort. Him and Marques then proceed to have an argument.

     Once the bell rang it was 5 periods straight yelling,since we did exams the week before all this week was turning in late stuff and cleaning out your locker so most of the class had nothing but a bunch of lazzy zombies. Then theres lunch I wait in a line for 30minutes just to eat some food were theres no spots and since me Marques and Luis are freshman were the equivalent of a gupi in a sea of sharks. After a life time of waiting I finally got my lunch and made it outside where we were practically grouped from athletes to nerds from geek's to anime lovers from goths to well us. "Weres Ardniy?" Questioned Marques. I then scanned the whole outside for him, I then looked to the pillars looking for a black 5'0 boy who could blend in with an elementary school kid. "Behind that pillar." I said

    Sure enough there he was reading...oh my god he was reading. Ardniy had three rules never dye your hair,always enjoy ljfe and his most important only read picture books. "Oh my god call the police Ardniys been kidnapped and replaced by some one smart!" Marques shoutes while throwing him a contaner with grapes. "Laugh it up, its a book on alchemy its like saying everything can be broken up its actually kinda cool, and theres 100 percent no pictures." Ardniy said with pride as he threw a grape in his mouth. "Why are you reading that instead of like I dont know the new Batman comic." The rest of lunch was practically us making fun of Ardniy and talking about plans of the nearing summer. Ardniy took a big sigh and looked at the sky the universal sighn that hes gonna say something serious. "You ever think you were suppose to be doing something right now but instead are doing something pointless." He said while staring at the sky. I dont know why but no-one said any thing maybe we all felt that but couldn't man up to say it. Once lunch ended we all went to are seprate classes.

   I dont know why but I honestly couldn't get the question out of my head. So I decided to ask Mrs.Gill the only teacher who ever made sense the only one I actually listen to was reading a nice little book waitting for the last bell of the day to ring. "Mrs.Gill,you ever wonder if your doing the best you can of yourself but not for the world itself." I asked. She looked up and put down her 2013 glass and smiled with her cricket teath and said "you'll never know that untill you can say with honesty In your heart that you have." With a smile. "But how-"before I could finish my sentence the last bell rang. "Goodbye dear." She said as I nodded and walked out of the class feeling even more confused then when I walked in.

   I walk to the car line throw my back pack down in the nearest shadey area and layed my head on it. I kept looking into the sky watching each cloud go by thinking about the trip to N.Y. this summer and the beach. I slowly fell asleep, I dreamt nothing just complete black. Until I saw a light it was super bright and felt like the first light I've seen in awile. I heard a loud horn and the reality like dream was slowly destroyed. "Emanuel get up!" Shouted my oldest brother. I dont know how long I was asleep but it was long enough for my 6'2 brother to come and get irritated. I picked my self up and dusted off the little crums of asphalt off me and went into the truck. On the ride home I was tempted to ask him about the question that had puzzled me all day but I knew he would make fun of me. "Soooo." He said to break the uncountable silence that had filed the car. "Were tearing down a house on Thursday!" He shouted with energy.