5th Installment

In a dimly lit room, two figures sat across each other, their attention on the two fighting bodies on the wide screen in the front of the room. Their faces illuminated only by the minuscule amount of light from the screen, but it was clear, they were satisfied with what they have seen.

"They will do great as a team." One of the figures spoke. The room almost pitch black from the lack of light but they didn't mind. The only answer he received was a boisterous laugh. Under the darkness, their eyes glinted with wickedness just as the video ended with two triggers firing as one.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Yue slammed her glass down on the marble countertop and growled at the back of her throat. She was a smart, independent, stone hearted woman. But how can she be so dumb and weak at the mere sight of one man? Or two? The vision of He Di and the Grim Reaper kept haunting her. The worst part was how she had not even seen what the latter looked like and he already had an effect on her.

She threw a knife to her side as she tried to conceal her frustration, the knife lodging on to the wooden target board installed in her kitchen. She loved to play around with knives, so what if she had targets all around her place, one never knows when the urge to throw something arises.

What really got on her nerves aside from the fact that she was being pulled in different directions by men, she was dumb enough to forget to ask for He Di's number. Like seriously, who does that? It has been a week of nothing. She had not seen him at the Black Pyramid nor did she see his friends, basically they were MIA. Which does not mean she was keeping tabs on them, of course not. She was just...observant she supposes. She cursed as she heard her door chime. She had a visitor.

She twirled her knife in one hand as she walked towards her digital intercom. As she pressed a button, she almost dropped her knife when she saw who it was looking straight at the camera.

It was He Di.

Her heart pounded and she cleared her throat and regained her composure and pressed the speaker.

"Wow, stalker much?" She jokingly asked and was delighted when he gave a laugh in response.

"More like resourceful," he winked and raised a bottle of wine in his hand, "Mind letting me up?"

She gulped and muttered, "Sure." She buzzed him in and waited. But then she realized something. She looked down at her hand with her knife, then towards her living area and kitchen, her knives strewn about, and her eyes widened.

Oh fuck.

She zipped around the room, hussling about to clean up. She threw her knives in her kitchen drawers, head snapping up as a knock sounded. She skidded to her door and opened it, smiling up at He Di's smirking face.

"Hi."

She gestured for him to come in, and her eyes widened when she just saw a knife on top of her side tables. She quickly grabbed it and threw it hard across to the side, a small thump hitting a hidden nook.

"What brought you here?" She cleared her throat as He Di seemed to survey around the room.

He Di turned around to face her, a fire in his eyes.

"I wanted to play."

Yue smirked, if a game he wants, a game he gets.

------

Sadly, I've been on hiatus and I haven't been feeling this story for a while. I'll try my best to actually finish it, but if I end up not doing so, please don't hate me.

I'm sorry for this :(

-B