Chapter 2

Grade 2 went by really fast for Michael. He did really well academically and he was now growing up. During that year he realised that he liked Jennifer but he never spoke to her, not even once. He finally had made some friends and things were going good for him. Despite all the family drama and hardship in his life he still a little hope.He didn't know why but every time he looked at Jennifer he felt so happy and he felt like there actually is hope in this world.

In grade 3 Michael happened to be in the same class with Jennifer again, some of his friends were there too.At the time Shane was his closest friend. In that year Michael decided to actually speak to Jennifer and so both of them became friends. After a while both of them eventually started hangout out break time with Jennifer's friend Megan. They were getting really close and all Michael knew was that he really liked Jennifer... She made him feel so happy and just her smile could make his day.He really did like her. One day he seen Jennifer crying and she had her head on the desk and wouldn't talk to anyone. This happened during lunch break. He tried speaking to her but she wanted to be left alone.He then spoke to Megan and told her that he liked Jennifer and he then asked her to not tell anyone. The next day when Michael entered the class everyone started laughing at him. He didn't know why though so he just sat down in his place quietly. Jennifer then approached him and told him they can't be friends any not because she didn't like him and he liked her. This really hurt Michael because he didn't want to have his bond with Jennifer broken but thanks to Megan it had already happened. Michael tried speaking to Jennifer in class now and then, sometimes she'd talk back and sometimes she would just ignore him. Michael really liked this girl. When. It was valentines day,mothers day and any other special occasion the school would sell love letters printed with hearts and "I love you captions"...

Michael would always buy these cards for Jennifer and he'd write about  how much he likes her in the cards and he'd normally ask a class mate to give it to her during break. Jennifer didn't really care about his feelings she would normally tear it up and throw it in the bin or sometimes she'd send her friends to give it back. She probably didn't like Michael because, he was really chubby and he couldn't run or play sports. He wasn't the best looking guy too but he wasn't ugly though.

That year went terrible for him the only girl he actually likes embarrassed him all the time throughout the year and she'd never keep his letters.She also dated his closest friend Shane and that also really broke him. Things at home were really bad. Zee had failed matric and was on really bad drugs and would often swear Michael's mom and he'd break stuff in the house.Michael really had a bad life, yet even though Jennifer didn't like him back he promised himself that he would never stop trying and one day she will be his gf. She was really special and beautiful. She was really beautiful.

Authors note
Guys the next chapter will be about Michael being in grade 4 and 5.