Chapter 10

Alphys pov

I glance out the window for what seems like the thousandth time this morning, awaiting the 11 o'clock bus to pull up across the street.

(Y/N) had confirmed she'd be arriving on that specific bus. Nonetheless, I'd still jump and rush to the window every time I heard the bus brakes squeak. After a while, I eventually just moved my laptop over there, ready to leave the room if need be.

I hadn't gotten any work done all morning, too worried about the plan... That it might go wrong. Though I did have to admit that everything up to this point had gone surprisingly well.

Sans had thankfully agreed to allow (Y/N) on the physics floor of the lab, since that was her major after all. And he was, unfortunately, the head of the physics department. Dandy. Though he did demand she be seated at the opposite end of the office from him, and have a seperate testing lab altogether.

And the phone call with the 'founder'... Seeing as I am the founder of Inchoate Labs, that was a bit hard. I basically just had Undyne talk into the phone with a soft voice. It worked a lot better than I really could have expected it to. I think Frisk was on to something when they said (Y/N) wasn't that intuitive.

I hear a long, pained screech from outside. When I glance at the clock, it's finally eleven... Even though I'd been waiting for this moment to come for the last week, now that it was here I couldn't help but shrink in on myself.

God.

Get ahold of yourself Alphys

I breath deeply, watching people filter in and out of the bus out my office window. When it finally pulls away, I see a familiar (H/C) headed person standing at the bus stop. She is looking up at the lab, with what I can only guess is amazement. I can't see her face from the fifth floor. And especially when I'm not even wearing my glasses.

I huff, closing my laptop and setting it on the nearby coffee table. The couches facing the open curtains have never seemed more inviting than they did now. If only I could send Sans down to do the introductions, like we usually did...

My glasses are sitting at the opposite end of the room on my desk. I'm too nervous to grab them.

I pull open the door to my office, scampering out into the biology lab. I hear a few calls of greetings from the other scientists as I pass their experimentation chambers. I wave back, but keep walking. The main office is back the way I just came, so thankfully I didn't have to go through all the talkative and less preoccupied monsters and humans.

I press the button to the elevator, waiting as it comes up to me from the third floor. When the doors finally open, I'm surprised to see it isn't empty.

"Oh, heya Alphys."

"Shit, S-Sans what are y-y-you... What are you d-doing here?"

"Well, I was heading down to the break room for some more coffee--"

"(Y/N) is h-here!"

"What? Already? Damnit... Well... I'll wait until you've done the introductions to get a drink, I guess. Um, you mind dropping me off on the way down there?"

"We-well, I'm go-go-going to have to anyways."

"Cool, hop in."

The whole way down is filled with awkward silence, only broken by the light music playing from a hidden speaker.

"So, uh... I don't exactly know how this whole... thing is going to work," Sans starts, leaning against the back elevator wall.

I raise an eyebrow at him, waiting for him to continue. He seems to be fighting his own brain on what to say. Though I don't blame him, I want to know where this is going.