Savior

Nie Huaisang sighed as he knelt before their family's altar. "Da ge..." he called as he watched the smoke from incense wafted in the air. "All my life, I evaded for myself to fall in Qi deviation. I don't want to die. All I know is that I don't want to die... death is scary." He said. "But... do I really know? Now... I don't know... I don't know..." he muttered as he shook his head and closed his eyes. "I don't know why I avoid to fall in Qi deviation. Maybe I don't want to die... maybe I don't want myself to change... I don't know why I don't want to die. Maybe because I still wanted to live... but why... I don't know. I don't know why I want to live... why I still want to live..." he said as he breathed. "... but that was before." He said. "Now I know why I wanted to live. To live longer... so that I could avenge you. But now... I fulfilled my goal..." he said and smiled. "Da ge..." he called as he raised his head. "I already fulfilled my goal... but why is that... I still wanted to live longer? I want to live... more..." he said as his tears fell. "Is that because... because – " he said as he sobbed. He wiped his tears but they kept on falling. " – I found a new goal... in life... to make me live...?" he asked. "Before, I thought dying is scary. Now... I knew... living is scarier..." he said and bitterly laughed. "I... am alive... yet... I felt dead inside. I feel even more dead than those who died. Da ge... tell me what to do...?" he asked, his voice broke. "I love the person, yet I can't." he said. "I can't... I can't..." he repeated. "Da ge... I wish you are here..." he said as he hugged his knees. He buried his face between his knees and cried, his sobs echoing inside the altar.

It's been weeks Jiang Cheng fell ill. Nobody knows why, or how... but rumors started to spread that Nie Huaisang was the cause. He plans to destroy all of the sects – the GusuLan is nearing its end since Lan Xichen is useless because of his devastation after both his sworn brothers died. Now, the YunmengJiang and LanlingJin sect are both managed by Jiang Cheng, so it's easier to take both sects managed by only one person. With this, Nie Huaisang's name was painted black. This is the first time this happened to him. Before, he very carefully managed not to leave even a trace of a shadow when he planned to kill Jin Guangyao. Yet now...

"... Jiang-xiong..." he called in silence. "You are the reason why I still wanted to live... yet this feeling I have towards you... it's leading me to my death." He said as he closed his eyes and took out his saber. "I didn't think my very own saber... finally, you can take my life – your owner's life..." he said as he opened his eyes and looked at the saber shining before him. Like his ancestors... his sword will be taking his life, too. He raised the saber and struck it on his body. He watched as blood spilled on the floor... but it wasn't his blood.

"... I knew you'd take your life." Jiang Cheng said, the saber impaled through his hand.

"... why did you come?" Nie Huaisang asked, his voice cold as he moved the saber closer to reach his stomach.

Jiang Cheng winced in pain when the saber moved. His left arm moved and wrapped around Nie Huaisang's shoulder – hugging him, while his hand caught the hilt of the saber, stopping Nie Huaisang. "Just how much do you want to inflict pain on yourself?" Jiang Cheng asked as he held Nie Huaisang tight, his hand is bleeding. His head lied on Nie Huaisang's shoulder.

The door burst open and Jin Ling came in together with the YunmengJiang and LanlingJin sect disciples, and Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi, too. "Uncle!" Jin Ling called and was about to run when he saw Jiang Cheng is hugging Nie Huaisang. His eyes went wide, shocked. "... so you're really bewitched by him?" he asked, mad, as he glared at Nie Huaisang. His eyes narrowed when he saw his uncle's hand impaled by the saber.

Nie Huaisang bitterly laughed and shook his head. "Let go of me." He told Jiang Cheng.

"No." Jiang Cheng answered as he hugged him tight.

A bitter smile crossed Nie Huaisang's face. "Let go." He said again.

"No!" Jiang Cheng answered, weak because he's losing blood but his voice is filled with force. "A-Ling!" he called his nephew. "I already told you I love him! Why won't you listen?!" he said and turned to his nephew, glaring.

Hurt passed in Jin Ling's eyes but he remained defiant. "I won't accept him!" he answered. "He killed uncle Yao!" he said, mad.

"I did – " Nie Huaisang said.

"He didn't!" Jiang Cheng said. Nie Huaisang's eyes went wide. "Jin Guangyao was killed by Chifeng-zun!" he told him.

Jin Ling opened his mouth to speak, but his voice didn't come out. After all, they saw with their own eyes that Jin Guangyao was killed by Nie Mingjue. Where was Nie Huaisang that time? On the side. Even if he was planning behind the curtains, but everything was done by the actors – the people involved in his plan. "But..." Jin Ling said as he gritted his teeth, wanting to retort by ran out of reasons.

Jiang Cheng ignored him as he turned to Nie Huaisang whose back is on everybody, and so they can't see his tears. "... you didn't even visit me." Jiang Cheng told him, his voice soft. He closed his eyes as he kissed the tears falling on Nie Huaisang's cheeks, shocking the others. "Please be with me..." he said as he looked at Nie Huaisang's face. "... A-Sang." He whispered and kissed Nie Huaisang's temple.

"Jiang-xiong..." Nie Huaisang sobbed as he lowered his head. "... I'm sorry – " he said as he closed his eyes tight.

The saber moved and impaled Nie Huaisang's body. 

(A/N: to be continued!)