Our Perfect Date

My love,

The perfect first date, with you, would never end.

It starts on a beach in Mallorca, Spain one hot summer night, walking along the warm sand with the cool waves lapping at our ankles and the glistening sun setting in front of us. We dine at a local restaurant located within a restored 14th-century castle, surrounded by dainty fairy lights and the noise of the waves crashing just metres away. Dinner is cooked right in front of us by a chatty but non-intrusive local, and the red sangria perfectly compliments the meal; a decadent seafood paella. We don't stop talking and laughing the whole time, and you have a special way of making me feel like I am the most important and interesting person in the whole world. By the time we leave the restaurant, our bellies are full and our heads are happily tipsy from the potent sangria concoction.

We would then join the crowd of people dancing in the town's piazza. The piazza has been converted to a glamorous open-air nightclub, and the intoxicating sound of house music instantly entices everyone to move seductively to the beat. Expresso Martini's and Vodka shots are offered to us while we soak in the atmosphere, and we would then dance the night away, laughing, enjoying each other's company, until the early hours of the morning.

We would then peel away from the crowd to continue our walk heading towards the water's edge and along to the jetty, to see what the old fishermen are pulling in. As we reach the jetty I grab your hand and pull you down on top of me in the sand, kissing you ferociously in the shadows.

It would be the happiest night, which would mark the beginning of our new life together. This perfect first date would continue on forever, as nine months later I would give birth to a perfect little boy. He would have your eyes, the deepest brown, windows into the most beautiful soul. Every day since that perfect first date would be magical; each day a new adventure where I wouldn't be able to wipe the smile from my face. I would feel sheer happiness at how much I love you, and the life we would be building together.

So let's go on this date, this perfect never-ending first date. Let's start our life together, as I truly cannot imagine going on this journey without you.

All my love,

G.D