Chapter 1

"Wow, she's so cute, who is that?" "Cute girl passing by." Those are just some of the typical comments I get from boys. They don't know I hear them, of course.

Not that I don't appreciate all this attention, its just quite annoying.

"Abril, you are so lucky!" Vanessa said.

"How so?" I responded, curious.

"Hmm. Let me think. All the boys think you are cute! Duh!" Vanessa said excitedly.

"That's not a good thing, Ness," I say. "It's annoying."

"I would love it! A lot of the guys in our school are so hot!" Vanessa says. "Anyways, got to go! See you in math!"

Honestly, I would have to say that my best friend is as annoying as them. But she is such a great friend, and I could never tell her that.

I turn when I hear a voice behind me say, "Hey, sexy."

Josh Bane, the most annoying yet undeniably good looking guy in school, stood there with his signature smirk.

"Hey, hottie," I say, with a fake grin. I decide to play along. Practically every girl had a crush on Bane. The 0.6% that doesn't? Why, that's Vanessa and I.

"How about you come to my party on Friday?" Josh inquires. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure that Bane knows what inquire means.

"No, you're too bothersome for me," I say with a laugh. I walk away with a grin on my face.

When I turn around, I see his dumbstruck face. I bet he's never been rejected before.

"Wait. What?" I hear Bane's voice behind me.

I chuckle and say, "You're annoying. I hate annoying people. I am in the Drama Club, and I was acting at the beginning of our conversation. Did I dumb it down enough for you?"

"Bitch," he says, rolling his eyes. But I can see the smirk growing on his face.

I roll my eyes back and walk away to homeroom. Unfortunately, he had Mr. Fraiter for homeroom, too.

As I enter the class, Josh pulls me back.
"And how am I annoying?" he asks.

"That is why," I say, pushing him away and dashing into Mr. Fraiter's class.

The bell rang incessantly. Our school bell continuously rings for about 5 minutes. I have no clue why, but I always wish it would just shut up.

"Ah, so close and I could've given you both detention. If only," Mr. Fraiter says with a wistful look. Although I know he's joking, I can't help but feeling offended.

"Stop with the sour face, Miss Parker," he says with a smile.

The bell rings again, signaling time to go to first period. I have Honors Math with Vanessa.

I gather my books and binders, and stroll to my next class.

•+•+•+•+•+•

Math was fun. As always. With Miss Smitt, it's always awesome. She told us the inside scoop on everything that was happening in school. Because of her hilarious attitude, boring math was made easy and enjoyable.

"TIME'S UP!" Miss Smitt bellowed. One thing my class loved about her is that she yelled. Not at the students, but in general. Her sense of humor was impeccable.

Ring, ring, ring, the bell went constantly. I stood up and nearly sprinted into the hall. And of course, I ran straight into Josh.

What do you think of Josh? Of Abril? Vanessa? The teachers? The story? :p WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT? Sorry for the kinda short chapter.