Summary

Author's Note: Hello! This is a longer summary for the Umbrella Academy OC I am (slowly) working on, Emily Hargreeves! Updates will come as often as I can, but in the meantime, you can check out my Tumblr where I post updates/ other imagines, etc. This is my first story, so please let me know what you think! :D

"I don't need to be an empath to smell your bullshit."

To be honest, Emily Hargreeves is just like everyone else. She's hardworking, open minded, and extremely empathetic. So much so, that you could call it her superpower.

Growing up with seven other siblings, most of whom also had superhuman powers, was not easy. Neither was the constant training and competition with her siblings. But Emily was different from her siblings, and she knew it. From a young age, her father (if you could even call him that) kept her separate and isolated. She had to be - her powers would overwhelm her, and until she could control them, she couldn't be around too many people at once. But soon enough, she was trained to control her empathy and was released into the world her siblings had already been exposed to: fighting crime. She trained, fought, and felt, but being apart of the Umbrella Academy wasn't all that it chalked up to be.

Eventually, she left that life behind her and created a new and more fulfilling one; that is, until Vanya's autobiography released and brought her nothing but loss. Her job, her girlfriend: it all crumbled to nothing but a pile of shit, leaving Emily to try and pick up the pieces that might keep her sane.

And now, hearing about her father's death, she is forced to revisit the struggles of her past: the ones that ruined her life in the first place. On top of that is the dire need to save the world from its impending doom. With the help of her siblings, of course.

*i do not own the gif used