[EP] MAD

Mad (stylized as MAD) is the fourth extended play by South Korean boy band Got7, released on September 29, 2015 by JYP Entertainment. The song "If You Do" was used to promote the EP as the lead single.

MAD

Released: September 29, 2015Recorded: 2015Studio: JYP Studio, Seoul, South KoreaGenre: K-PopLength: 20:05Label: JYP Entertainment             KT MusicProducer: J

Recorded: 2015
Studio: JYP Studio, Seoul, South Korea
Genre: K-Pop
Length: 20:05
Label: JYP Entertainment
            KT Music
Producer: J.Y. Park "The Asian Soul"

'MAD' Releases on September 29th! A Total of 6 Songs Including the Title Song 'If You Do.' A Comeback in 1 Month After the Group's Previous Album! Strengthening the Popularity with an Active Schedule. The Title Song 'If You Do'! GOT7's First Work with 'Black Eyed Pilseung', the Numerous Hit Songs Generator.

It's an ultrafast comeback news as only a month has passed since the last activity with the mini album 'Just right', which was released in July. GOT7 had captivated the fans as a 'Boyfriend Idol', but now the group has changed into rough boys in this album. The teaser images and videos, released before the comeback, demonstrate GOT7's new appeal as rebellious boys.

GOT7 attempts to change its music style as well. The group tries various genres such as Hip-hop, Urban Pop, Disco, and Deep House. The new album contains a total of 6 songs, including the title song 'If You Do', 'Put them up', 'Feelin' Good', 'GOOD', 'Eyes On You,' and 'Tic Tic Tok.'

The title song 'If You Do' is produced by 'Black Eyed Pilseung', who has created many hit songs such as miss A 'Only You' and Sistar 'Touch My Body.' Compared to the previous songs such as 'Just right' and 'Stop stop it', the new album's title song concentrates more on the dark sensibility. The song does not hesitate rough expressions such as 'but every day I went down on my knees', 'you pushed me to the edge of the cliff.'

The second track 'Put them up' is U.S. Southern Hip-hop style song. In the lyrics, GOT7 adds active proposing words to the one with love at first sight. The lyrics are particularly humorous as they demonstrate a dangerously beautiful woman as a criminal, and a man who is enamored of her as a police.

The last track 'Tic Tic Tok' is a Deep House genre song, with an impressive groove bass and vocal.

Charts

Album
South Korea Gaon Weekly Albums Chart: 1
South Korea Gaon Monthly Albums Chart: 5

If You Do
Gaon Singles Chart: 9

Sales

(GAON)
2015: 91,119
2016: 9,911+
total: 101,030+

Source: Wikipedia
              http://got7.jype.com/