Chapter One: The accident

It happened a couple of months ago, this so called "Accident". I was stupid because I was too blind see the consequences, my mother always told me not to do this particular thing, since it was practically a habit of mine. She was right.

June the eighth 2014, I was walking to work. I had just missed the lights so I decided to cross the road a bit further down. A slow camper van was riding up so I quickly ran passed it. The first attempt was good, so soon as I made it half way, I thought I could make it to the other side. Clearly I wasn't fast enough, the last thing I saw was a car hitting my left hip. Because of the incredible impact, I flipped high into the air and landed on the concrete pavement below. I was dazed and all I could remember was a heroic pain shooting up my spine. Ever since the accident, I was told that I would spend the rest of my life sitting in a dull fucking wheelchair, never being able to return to my favourite sport.

It killed me. My reputation from being "hot" is now "not". My girlfriend left me just because she thought my penis must have shrunken half its own size. I feel like an idiot and now all I can do is sit around home all day, wondering when I will ever be getting out of this god damn wheelchair!?

Forever is a long time, so I guess I should've listened to my mom. Like I cared, like I listened to her, obeyed her like a good son would but I broke her heart by risking her only sons life, near to being dead as if I was committing suicide.

I hate being like this, I hate it already and I can tell that am not going to get anywhere in life. For gods sake!! I'm in a wheelchair!

I'll probably never fall in love, never get my dream job, never get married, never have kids.

Why did my life turn into something to be completely depressed about for all eternity?

I lost everything I ever cared about in my life. I lost all things I could have achieved in the future. I could still be on my own two legs right now but instead karma wants to stab me in the fucking back and watch me suffer. All that I am certain of, is that my future holds nothing....Like an empty cookie jar with no crumbs in plain sight.

__________________________

Hi everyone! This book is based on a true story...kind of, but this accident truly did happen and my mom witnessed it. She came home one night and told us what happend, embarrassingly.... my mom and grandpa were the ones in the camper van and they did get a pretty good sight of the incident.

The story my mom told me when she got home sort of touched me, so I wanted to write what its like from the boys perspective. I haven't met him yet, but I can only imagine what its like to lose your legs even though they are still there. So yeah, basically.

Hope you will carry on reading because I have heaps to write about :)

Thanks. J