Chapter 1

I took a deep breath and walked into the front door of the school. Following my mom, I entered the main office of Crestwood High School.

   "Hi, this is my daughter Bellezza Rossi. We just moved here, and I have her registered to go here," my mom said to the lady at the front desk.

   "Ah... yes Bellezza," she said, ticking away at her computer. The printer started making noises and a sheet of paper scrolled out with my schedule on it. "What an interesting name, by the way," she said, still typing away on her computer.

   "It's Italian for 'beauty'. I go by Bella..." I mumbled.

   She lady at the desk scribbled something on a sheet of paper then extended her hand out to my mom saying, "I'm Mrs.Ellen, the secretary here at CHS."

   My mom shook her hand and replied, "Nice to meet you."

   Mrs.Ellen handed her a small stack of papers and then handed me one single sheet. I looked down on the sheet she gave me. The top right corner read "Bellezza R Rossi" and the top left corner read "Schedule 2012-13".

   "Now, Mrs.Rossi," said Mrs.Ellen, looking at my mom, "I need you to fill out a few papers to make Ms.Bella's registration official. Bella, right? You can go ahead and find your way around the school, Mr.Carter can show you around."

   A boy I hadn't noticed before looked up at me from behind the front desk and smiled. He stood up and walked towards me. I couldn't help but notice that he was incredibly handsome; he has light brown hair that reached just past the tops of his ears and sparkling blue eyes.

   "Ok sweetie, I'll see you after school. Have a good day!" my mom said as she gave me a tight hug.

   "Have fun at work," I said back to her and followed the boy out into the hallway.

   I used to live in New York City, but my mom and I moved to the small town of Crestwood, Texas in October. We moved because my mom's job as a food critic required her to travel to Texas so often that it would be more convenient to just move down south. When my mom had told me that we were moving, I didn't object. I was actually quite happy. At the end of 9th grade, my ex-bestfriend spread a rumor that I had cheated on my boyfriend, because, the month before, she and I got in a fight when I couldn't come to her birthday party. When the rumor spread, everyone believed it. My boyfriend broke up with me, and all my friends stopped talking to me. So, when sophmore year started, I had no friends, and everyone hated me. So, I didn't leave much behind in New York.

   "I'm James, I'm the office assistant for 1st period. It's like an elective, being an office assistant," said the boy.

   "I'm Bella," I said, looking at the ground.

   "So, where ya from, Bella?" James asked me as we walked down a long hallway.

   "New York," I mumbled, feeling a little awkward.

   "That's cool," he said as we turned a corner, "So, the cafeteria is to your left and the gym is on your right." We walked around the whole school and he showed me where all the different classrooms were. When the tour was over, he walked me to my first period class, World History.

   "Well, this is your first period. If you need help finding your other classes, just ask somebody," he said, "Hope I see you around." He winked at me and then walked down the hallway, leaving me all alone in front of a classroom full of people I didn't know.