agentcorp

A L E X

I fired a few shots and watched as they all hit their targets. Satisfied, I turned around, noticing a familiar silhouette watching me under the dim lighting.

Her long, black hair was styled into two braids and her blue-green eyes flashed with determination as she raised her gun and pointed it at me. My breath caught.

"You're a hard woman to find, Alex Danvers," Lena said.

"Lena, don't. You'll regret this, please, don't!" I begged.

"Why not? I'm a Luthor, aren't I?"

"Your family doesn't define you!" I was close to tears.

Her finger tightened on the trigger. "Don't assume what defines me. I'm my own person."

"You can't do this. I... I love you," I breathed.

She shook her head. "Please don't make this hard for me."

Deciding to risk everything, I said, "Come here." and pulled her in for a kiss.

When we broke apart, she looked down to see my gun pointed directly at her chest. "No," she whispered, but I had already pulled the trigger.

She promptly collapsed but I caught her in my arms before she could hit the ground.

"What I said was true. I do love you. But I had to do this. For the people," I told her.

"I love you too," she gently caressed my face, and I brought her in for a hug.

Her suit lightened back up. "Oh, look, I'm reactivated," she stood and picked up her laser gun from the floor. "Hey, wanna go for coffee later?"